UE Boom 2 speaker order question
andrewrizzo

Dear Verizon,

I just had the absolute worst customer experience of my life with Verizon. Here’s the story: I purchased a UE Boom 2 speaker on black Friday for the price of $100 (50% off the market price of $200). I’m not a Verizon customer, but I was able to purchase this accessory online.

All was going fine until I got an email saying that my order had been canceled. After hours of frustration, I was finally able to get in touch with Verizon customer service and thought we had resolved the problem. It was assumed that the fraud department canceled my order because my billing and shipping address weren’t matching, (I’m in college) so we just shipped the order to my home address, whatever. Customer service submitted my order over the phone and authorized a price override that gave me the $100 sale price I originally purchased.

Then, later that day, I got an email saying that my order was under review. I called customer service again, and they informed me that the item was currently being shipped to my home residence. This time, my bank account was charged for the speaker.

After a few days of waiting, I called again to confirm that my order had indeed gone through and that the speaker would be delivered to me. They told me that the order had been canceled AGAIN. As we were trying to resolve the issue over the phone, I got disconnected from Verizon customer service, and could never get back in contact with them.

I feel as if Verizon screwed me out of this sale. Since I am not a subscriber of other Verizon services, I feel as if the company (especially the fraud department), made it especially difficult for me to purchase their product. It goes without saying that I will never purchase another item, or subscribe to any Verizon services in my lifetime. I always thought Verizon was the gold standard for mobile technology service, but this ordeal has changed my entire perception of the company as a whole.

Sincerely,

Andrew Rizzo

0 Likes
Re: WORST BUYING EXPERIENCE
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi andrewrizzo,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases." You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe." Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes