Customers With Disabilities

quick menu

Wasps nest in Verizon FIOS equipment

Highlighted
Contributor

Wasps nest in Verizon FIOS equipment

Message 1 of 3 (629 Views)

I have Verizon equipment exposed to the outdoors. Noticed a wasp entering the box through a hole in  the bottom.  Is it okay to use a wasp spray  - will need to spray into the equipment area?  Not sure if this would interfere with any wiring or other parts. Thanks. 

2 REPLIES
Contributor

Re: Wasps nest in Verizon FIOS equipment

Message 2 of 3 (611 Views)

Call VZ 1800-8374966 repair tech will go out to remove, And yes you can spray Wasps spray if there are not to many

MVP

Re: Wasps nest in Verizon FIOS equipment

[ Edited ]
Message 3 of 3 (583 Views)

I would avoid spraying anything that might be conductive into the ONT. Have a technician come out if you are unsure of the spray potentially causing harm to the ONT. If it's at the top of the ONT and there's no metal/lights/jacks, it should be just fine to open up and spray. If it's near any of the connectors, have a tech remove it so they don't try to blame you for breaking an ONT in case the worst does happen. If you're creative, you could probably find a way to make the Wasps leave the ONT or kill them slowly to avoid using the spray Smiley Happy

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Check Email
  • Add or Change Services
  • Suspend My Service
  • Manage Services

Support

Watch Fios