Website not letting me activate Welcome Bonus Visa Card
The_acole

So today I recieced my $100 bonus prepaid Visa card in the mail. The letter tells me to sign into my Verizon account and go to the welcome bonus section to activate. I do exactly as the letter says and I get this message:

"You are no longer eligible to receive your reward. This is a result of not registering for your card within 60 days of installation of your Fios® by Verizon services.

If you feel you have received this message in error, please contact us at 1.800.837.4966"

How am I not able to receive the reward when I have the card in my hands? I registered for the reward and did everything I was supposed to. I don't owe a past due balance and am in good standing. This is infuriating. I called the number and am told the department that handles this is closed until Monday but the rep tried to do it and she wasn't able to do it either. This along with a few other things is making me close to canceling the service. This is ridiculous. Is there anyone that has dealt with this? Can anyone help? I wanted to use the card for something fun for my family this weekend. So frustrating. 

0 Likes
Re: Website not letting me activate Welcome Bonus Visa Card
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi The_acole,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases." You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe." Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes