What Now!
ract
Contributor - Level 1

My 2 year contract expires soon.  I need some feedback as to the experiences of others if I fail to renew and go on without a contract.

I have some promotions that I know will end.  Because contracts only cover the bundles, my bill has still increased over the two year period.  I assume this will continue, but a contract won't put an end to that.  I am also concerned about the new TV bundle channel packs.  I think it will cost me more under the new system and would prefer to stick with what i have.  People should be careful what they wish for.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What Now!
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Contract will hold for the next 2 years.

So it may go up some now, but won't for the next two years.

If you go month to month, they can rasie how much and how often they choose.

Keep in mind the contract is for service only not hardware.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Rosie7472

*following for similar reason*

I recently signed up and the salesperson said my rate will never go up and that I technically have a 2 yr contract but a 2 yr contract doesn't really mean anything unless I cancel before the 2 yrs because of the penalty (so essentially I have a 2 yr contract), but got my first bill and it clearly says I have a one year contract and that rates will change at the end of the one year.

I'd like to hear other people's experiences/opinions on the matter.

Thanks

Rosalyn

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Contract will hold for the next 2 years.

So it may go up some now, but won't for the next two years.

If you go month to month, they can rasie how much and how often they choose.

Keep in mind the contract is for service only not hardware.

0 Likes
ract
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks. I know the contracts are for service only, not hardware; that is why I said the contracts only cover the bundles. During the 4 years I have been with Verizon, most of the cost increases have been to those Voice services beyond the basic cost in the bundle.

This is my second contract. For the 4-year period, the cost of the bundle on my bill has remained the same. However, the first contract period included a $25 promotions reduction. For the second contract, the promotions reduction dropped to $15. I assume the promotions will lost if I don't seek another contract, but that would probably happen anyway. I think, I will gamble and do nothing. I am hoping the presence of Comcast in the neighborhood will hold down any price increases.

0 Likes
VZFrustration

Couple of options-

1. Work with VZ to get an updated bundle deal with another 2-3 year commitment. Typically they want to keep you at the same revenue level, but might offer more bandwith or a better TV package etc.

2. Switch to a differnet provider to get a 'new customer' deal. Depending on where you live and the cabling to your home etc, providers like Optimum have better deals without a contract. You can share the information with VZ, but they wont price match - may come close. Also the support/customer service experience can be quite frsutrating. Just prepare yourself in case you get someone who is going by the computer and really can't do much beyond it.

Either way, signing up for a 'new bundle' contract is the best option in either reducing the cost of getting you more for the same cost. 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes