What does Verizon mean by the pricing will be unaffected
emesss
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just had a puzzling phone conversation with Verizon, and was wondering who is missing the point.

I responded to an ongoing series of messages from Verizon saying they needed to enhance my Fios experience with new equipment 

It went on to say

"The best part- there's no cost to you"

"Your current pricing and services will be unaffected"

I called the number, and after resisting 20 minutes of attempted upsell (Is your internet speed OK? Yes, it is thanks. Well here's a plan that will make it much faster) I finally got the person to give me an appointment. When the confirming email came I noticed that my estimated bill had increased. 

When I asked why, I was told because they had to change the router which costs more; and, I would lose my current discount.

I then asked what Verizon meant by unaffected, and was told that it was unaffected except for the new equipment I would need.

I cancelled the appointment, but I would still like an explanation of what gives. They are starting to make Comcast look like a good alternative.

0 Likes
Re: What does Verizon mean by the pricing will be unaffected
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi emesss,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes