When Will FIOS Be available in Howell NJ?
anniescott1

Good afternoon!  My section of Howell, NJ (Ramtown) has yet to see anything about FIOS and when it will be available to our area.  My friends a mile away from me and further north in the same town have it, yet I can't get it.  I heard a year ago we were going to have it, but since then I've heard nothing.  I am on the fringe area of the Brick NJ exchange or whatever it's called. When will it be available in my section of Howell?  I want to get rid of DirecTV if at all possible and switch all of my other services over to FIOS.  Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: When Will FIOS Be available in Howell NJ?
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Over heard/read in http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas-with-Verizon/FiOS-in-Hershey/idi-p/351137

The odds are slim if it isn't already available. Verizon has pertty much stopped expanding FiOS in order to fill out their existing areas. Expansion is expensive, and more and more people are slashing "unnecessary" expenses like internet and tv...

0 Likes
questioning_old
Contributor - Level 2

"The odds are slim if it isn't already available. Verizon has pertty much stopped expanding FiOS in order to fill out their existing areas. Expansion is expensive, and more and more people are slashing "unnecessary" expenses like internet and tv..."

In this economy, I'm not surprised.  I'm satisfied with my Fios service and I can afford it but I knew that this would be a consequence of the move to digital TV.  Now-a-days you need either the Fios or cable to get decent reception and what if certain people can't afford it?  You can't really get away with the indoor antenna and converter box, unless you have a decent rooftop antenna to pick up the signals.  Changes in technology can be positive but there is always a price to pay for it.    

I don't know all the details of why Fios is not available in certain areas but that's certainly one thing that stands out.

tns
Master - Level 2

They are still expanding in NJ.  Not sure if Howell is one of the areas planned for by 2014.

questioning_old
Contributor - Level 2

"Good afternoon!  My section of Howell, NJ (Ramtown) has yet to see anything about FIOS and when it will be available to our area.  My friends a mile away from me and further north in the same town have it, yet I can't get it.  I heard a year ago we were going to have it, but since then I've heard nothing.  I am on the fringe area of the Brick NJ exchange or whatever it's called. When will it be available in my section of Howell?  I want to get rid of DirecTV if at all possible and switch all of my other services over to FIOS.  Thanks!"

How about Cablevision?  My parents have that because is not available in their area and from what I have seen, the TV picture quality seems fairly comparable to that of the Fios.  

0 Likes