When cancelling without a contract, does service end that day?
meaganjmc

I'm switching from Fios to Cox Communications. When I call to cancel my services (I am not in a contract) do they cancel services right then and there? I'm just trying to figure out if I should wait to cancel until Cox has installed their monitors and stuff or if I should call ASAP to end service if it's going to take til like the end of my billing cycle to end or something

0 Likes
Re: When cancelling without a contract, does service end that day?
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Either way I would wait until cox is finished. It they happen to a problem during the install then you will have nothing. But call verizon up and ask them. When I moved I was able to go online and pick my disconnect date and my reconnect date. And everything did shut off on the disconnect date. 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@meaganjmc wrote:

I'm switching from Fios to Cox Communications. When I call to cancel my services (I am not in a contract) do they cancel services right then and there? I'm just trying to figure out if I should wait to cancel until Cox has installed their monitors and stuff or if I should call ASAP to end service if it's going to take til like the end of my billing cycle to end or something

In normal circumstances when you pay for service in advance like we do with Verizon look at your end date. If you go past it you get dinged for another month. So be careful.

when I cancelled Time Warner Broadband I kept it up and running during the paid for period. And scheduled Fios within those dates. After Fios came I called up and cancelled that day. (They did in all fairness keep it active 8 days more but I disconnected the device since it was owned by me) 

you could wait like I did just to maintain services.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

You pay for most services the month before.  When you call to cancel it normally ends within 24 hours but sometimes immediately.  Depending on where you are in the billing cycle you may ge a refund.  The refund takes about 3 months.

0 Likes