Where are customer service complaints submitted?
Ajbrice1

Good morning, 

How do I submit a customer service complaint?

Here’s my issue-  It all started 2/6/18. I contacted customer services to change/cancel a previous payment arrangement that was set up. The representative setup a new payment arrangement and allegedly cancelled the previous one, however, on 2/7/18 I received an email saying, "Thank you for your payment".  The rep I spoke with on 2/6/18 should have been more knowledgeable on the steps to cancel a payment, if she was this really could of all be avoided. After receiving the email, I contacted customer service again, to find out why the payment had been submitted. The representative informed me that I had to cancel the payment at least 48hrs in advance via the phone or 24hrs in advance via online; ok completely understandable, that representative also mentioned the payment could be refunded. However, she recommended I contact my bank first to see if they could stop the payment, I informed her my bank will not be able to do anything as the payment has not posted yet, but I went ahead and called anyway. After speaking with my bank, I called Verizon back, and asked for a refund, the representative was a little harsh and told me she couldn’t do it, I had to get to a meeting, so I told her I would call back and speak with a manager. I called back about 35 mins later, I then asked to speak with a manager; that’s when Jessica got on the phone.  Now I have been a customer with Verizon for about 6 or 7 years, Jessica is thee absolute worst customer service agent/manager I have EVER encountered when contacting Verizon, her disposition and lack of empathy was deplorable. During the call, she informed me that to be refunded I had to submit my bank statement showing that I had the amount of the payment in my account or submit a letter from my financial institution. Never in my life have I heard of such. In return, I asked Jessica is this a written policy and where can I find it. She then informs me it is not a policy and it is internal, so I ask her do you pick and choose who you request this information from if it is not a policy? I then told her my bank statements are personal and I will not be submitting any information of that caliber especially if she cannot show me a policy. So, she goes on to tell me there is nothing she can do. I tell her the issue is not resolved and I am not hanging up until the issue is resolved. I ask to speak to her manager and right off the back she tells me she isn’t available, she can take my number and have her call me. I continue telling her that the issue is not resolved and leaving my number for the manager will not work. In so many words, she told me she did not care but the call was over I told her I was not hanging up and she had horrible customer service, then the line was silent, I stayed on the phone for another minute and still heard nothing, she never said hold on please or anything, so I assumed she hung up. I called right back, and the agent said Jessica was still in my account and she had put me on hold for her manager who originally was not available. Never once did Jessica say hold on she was quite rude the entire call. I work in customer service part time and would NEVER treat a customer in the manor that Jessica treated me. The condescending tone of her voice was very unsettling and insulting. I strongly recommend customer service etiquette classes, customer sensitivity training or some other type of customer service training for Jessica. I will most likely cancel my services based off my interaction with Jessica, the experience was horrible, and she is a terrible representation of Verizon customer service agents/managers. One bad apple has truly spoiled the bunch. This whole debacle unfortunately took up about 2-3 hrs., that I cannot get back out of my work day with all the back and forth calling.

I will also say, after speaking with Jessica, I called back an hour later and spoke with an agent named Sandy. Sandy was AMAZING! She had a great tone and you can tell she truly cares about customers’ needs and issues. Sandy was able to cancel the payment with no issues. She did not ask me for bank statements nor did she ask me for a letter from my bank; she was not condescending and took pride in resolving my issue. I recommend Sandy teach the customer training class that Jessica needs to take because Sandy is a perfect example of what a customer service agent should be. 

0 Likes
Re: Where are customer service complaints submitted?
jonjones1
Legend

It is basically the luck of the draw. You are dealing with some of the lowest paid individuals in any industry. Many have zero benefits and it seems $13-$15 an hour to them barely makes ends meet.

Some cannot even afford the services so many customers call up with issues.

so empathetic feelings well are not going to happen.

Its great you found a Sandy to make you happier, today there are less sandies than Mr. or Mrs. Grump. 

In days long long past I use to deal with irate taxpayers who did not care about what regulations said or what was legal. They would come to the window and proceed to yell and threaten one of our nice “Sandy’s” to a point they called me over. Trust me I am no Sandy. Usually I just pointed my finger at the bum and he cowered. After that normally you get to have questions answered. But you see how many treat them like crap it’s no wonder they get irate. But you sometimes get a great one.

0 Likes
Ajbrice1

When one CHOOSES to become a customer service representative, they are WELL aware of the job they are signing up for. I work part time in customer service and have never been rude to a customer or left a customer feeling upset or dissatisfied. Money has absolutely nothing to do with treating people with respect. Moreover, empathy is not about what one can afford, it is about being human. Chic-Fil-A workers make what? Minimum wage? I’ve never ever seen a frown in that place. There is a way to handle situations without being rude, insulting, or mean. You catch more flies with honey then lemons 😊.  We all have the same 24hrs and we all are given the opportunity to choose our career paths/jobs; therefore, their disdain for their mediocre customer service position is not my problem. Customer service is not for everyone, especially those who lead miserable lives. I appreciate your comment; however, you are basically spewing excuses for the less than adequate Verizon customer service. 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Actually I am not spewing any excuses for Verizon reps.

on the rare occasion I have called them I got a great gal and very friendly and considerate. And the problem was taken care of.

I can go to the opposite side and say “some customers actually call up angry and frustrated and take it out on the service representative “ now in your analogy I would say some customers should get training on how to deal with customer reps.

it is a known fact (google it) that many low paying wage earners be it legal minimum wage or below minimum wage don’t make customer service their profession but a means to better themselves. Unless schooled in a profession or trade these types of jobs see high churn. It’s a fact.

Take into consideration that companies like Verizon have off shore customer service centers because it’s CHEAPER and the workers get ZERO BENEFITS so you or any customers calling in take like I said the luck of the draw.

It is just the way it is. No excuses are necessary. 

Some people go through life switching from one minimum wage job to another. It’s the way it is. 

0 Likes
Ajbrice1

What are you even talking about? Like I've previously stated above, money has absolutely nothing to do with treating people with respect. What you earn should not dictate how you respond to and treat other people, especially when they need your assistance.  Judging from your superfluous reasoning, I see you've missed the whole point of the post; therefore, if you aren’t telling me where to submit a formal complaint or a Verizon official attempting to fix my issue please refrain from replying anything else. Have a blessed evening. 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Some folks just don’t get it. In any case.

http://www.fcc.gov

http://www.bbb.org

and finally http://www.verizon.com/about/our-company/verizon-corporate-headquarters

but you will be complaining for naught. 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

This issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.

0 Likes