Re: Why Does Verizon Continue to Screw Existing Loyal Customers?
Vz-hateful
Just cancelled service after 4 years. Insisting that they remove their food equipment from my basement. Will cost them money to take out and then more money to reinstall if they ever want revenue from this address again. Also, I don't feel competent enough to disconnect my cable box. You need to send someone out to disconnect it for me.
0 Likes
dturgeon
Enthusiast - Level 2

"So, at the end of almost 4 years of service, I now find out that Verizon offers a much better deal to NEW customers. It is significantly cheaper and they give them a FREE DVR for life AND a $300 Prepaid VISA Card !!"

That's funny. I posted my ordeal in the other thread (which is now locked after my post was moved to a "private support forum" before being deleted from there) that the Rep I talked to told me they discontinued the DVR for Life offer in 2010 (he may have said 2011, but regardless) and all he offered was to give me ONE YEAR of free DVR, but I wouldn't get my $500 giftcard.

And this was after I was assured, REPEATEDLY, by their salesperson that the offer was valid, and that everything in the offer was good for the length of the contract because I told her I wasn't dealing with any offer that was going to change partway through. I didn't want 3 months of something for free, I didn't want some channels for free for 6 months. I wanted my bill to be standard for the 2 year CONTRACT.

The contract THEIR SALEPERSON sold me, that they are now REFUSING TO HONOR, and telling me they can't control what their salespeople promise, and they really don't have any recourse to punish them for lying.

So it's MY problem that agents of THEIR company lie?

0 Likes
brian319

That's right they screw you every chance they get and you call customer support and you get people in India not in the USA. They need to wake up or they are going lose a lot more customers. I'm also sick of the bundling thing or they split your bill phone and internet I hear that was illegal I don't know this is getting me upset. I've be a customer for a long time and all I get is the run around or a bunch of bull **bleep**.Man Frustrated

0 Likes
wingster1

Can't agree more.  Verizon, you will be losing business if this is the way you treat loyal customers. 

0 Likes
Fioscustomer08
Totally agree. I had a good deal with them last month. I called to downgrade my TV service 2weeks ago, and then I feel it is not a good idea. I called them again, asking them to restore my previous package, guess what? They asked for a ridiculous price, which is $40 more per month than what I paid two weeks ago, let alone what they offered to new customers.

The result is I am switching to Comcast.
0 Likes
menton11
Enthusiast - Level 3

Problem is, FIOS is much better than any of the Cable Companies.  Internet and Phone have few issues.  TV Programming offers a lot more choices. 

It is standard for Companies in a lot of industries to offer much better deals to new customers than existing customers.  I suppose the bean countgers tell them this.  Cell Phones are another industry that treats new customers like gold, existing customers like crap. 

I just finished 2 years with FIOS and they are raising me $15 after 30 minutes on the phone.  I'll have to do it again after 12 months.  But dammit, they have a very good product now.  I absolutely HATE Optimum, (the other choice in my area) and the Optimum Phone sucks. 

Chinalady

Loyalty my **bleep**. Verizon does not give a hoot about loyalty. You do get Double Speak, **bleep** and Scripted **bleep**. They never answer a question unless you repeat it and keep asking. One way of getting a deal is to quit Verizon for 1 year and then come back and get the promo. Many are Cutting the Cable, all you need is the Internet and then subsribe to NetFlix, Hulu etc. You save on the SetTopBox,DVR and some taxes. In the end you pay, pay and pay some more.

0 Likes
Chinalady

@questioning wrote:

My monthly bill is now down to $128 with my renewed contract and I will be receiving my $250 pre-paid debit card in about a month.  I would say that I feel rewarded knowing that.

Would you give a detailed description of what services you have?

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over four years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes