Why am I being billed by 'Verizon C/O CMR Claims Dept'?
psg99
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, there was a cut to my fiber cable buried just 2 inches on my property, but when I called Verizon Billing they said they were NOT aware of any repair charge for $382.26 because it was not showing on my account, yet I received a bill from a third party asking for payment for a repair.  I've never known a major service provider to be unaware of repairs made to their service lines and to not bill directly, through the primary account of the subscriber.  WHen I spoke to the Verizon Billing Dept. Yesterday they said they had no idea who CMR was and that I should not pay the bill because it was probably a scam. She also said that Verizon was not charging me for any repair, to her knowledge.  I went ahead and reported CMR Claims to the Oklahoma Attorney General's Office as a potential fraud.  Bottom line as far as I'm concerned: if Verizon thinks I owe them money, bill me directly -- don't' use a third party that their Billing Department has never heard of.  I don't make a practice of just sending out checks to someone I've never heard of, simply because they put their hand out and tell me I owe them.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why am I being billed by 'Verizon C/O CMR Claims Dept'?
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases".  You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.  This should be checked on a frequent basis  as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

View solution in original post

armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@psg99 wrote:

... when I called Verizon Billing they said they were NOT aware of any repair charge for $382.26 because it was not showing on my account, yet I received a bill from a third party asking for payment for a repair ... they said they had no idea who CMR was and that I should not pay the bill because it was probably a scam ...

Since it appears that Verizon has nothing to do with this issue (and has gone so far as to suggest you ignore the invoice), what happened when you contacted "CMR" directly?  You did, didn't you?

psg99
Enthusiast - Level 1

They told me the bill was correct and that I owe the amount and that I should pay it.  I'm curious why you would ask that.  If you are with Verizon shouldn't you just KNOW the answer to tell me -- something like 'under no circumstances would Verizon use a third party that's not clearly identified as a Verizon-authorized agent to bill you in our place.  Do not pay that bill.."  Or something like that?  I'm getting wishy-washy answers from Verizon, both on the phone and now in this forum.  

In one chat session with you all, as soon as I mentioned CMR, I was asked more questions and then referred to a different customer service number.  What the heck is going on?

Can't someone with Verizon clearly tell me that everything billed to me related to Verizon equipment/repairs will be reflected in my online bill -- or not?

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Armond is not with Verizon. He is a forum member like you, and one who helps out other users with questions and service issues.  Have you tried contacting the Claims department?

psg99
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks, I realized my mistake after my post.  I got in too much of a hurry.  No, I have only contacted your Customer Service (twice) and briefly was on the phone with this CMR Claims.

Are you referring to a 100% genuine Verizon Claims Department?  I really dont' want to talk with CMR Claims by a different name. Do you have a phone number for me?  I'd really appreciate it.

0 Likes
psg99
Enthusiast - Level 1

Can someone with Verizon please state to me the following?

1. When your FIOS cable breaks, Verizon will be the one who fixes it.
  2. Any charge for that repair will appear on your regular Verizon bill.
  3. If someone someone tries to bill you outside your regular Verizon bill, they are not authorized by us to do so and you should not pay them, because your FIOS cable does not belong to them.

So far, I've not found anyone at Verizon who knows enough to tell me all this.  It's almost surreal.

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases".  You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.  This should be checked on a frequent basis  as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

psg99
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm sorry, but I can't find "My SUpport Cases" on my Forum profile page.  Why is it so hard to find.  Did someone close my support case on this because I still don't have an answer on this incredibly difficult question (sarcasm intended).  This is ridiculous.

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Go to your profile by clicking on your forum username at the top left of the page.  The "My Support Cases" module is at the top of the middle column on your profile page.  The support agents are awaiting a screenshot of your bill in order to assist you.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

psg99,

Glad we were able to get your questions answered. Feel free to make a new post anytime you need our help.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes