Why do I put up with it?
oscar51
Enthusiast - Level 2

This morning I spent 45 minutes on three different phone calls to Verizon to try to correct an error in my phone service caused during a recent update. The error could not be corrected. So I asked for that specific service to be cancelled. About two months ago, I spent over one hour on five different calls to Verizon to try to get a situation corrected on my DSL service. Several days later the situation was corrected. I'm really getting tired on this. Why does it take Verizon so long to do anything? And why do they cause so much headache to try to get anything done? I'm a whisker away from canceling the whole thing and going with cable. But that would just be trading one bag of snakes for another. So, why do I put up with it? I've been a Verizon customer for over 50 years now, from the time they were called GTE. I would think I would have learned my lesson by now. Maybe one of these days they will push me over the edge. So I'll wait....

Put a tent over that circus you call "Customer Service".
Rickfuturebrite
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently hooked up a wireless router at my house. Verizon tried to charge me $49.99 for installation; which I did. I spent 20 min last week on the phone getting it straightened out. I received a new, corrected bill. When I checked on line it showed that I still owed the original amount with the installation. So, I called the number on the bill "If you have questions regarding this matter...". After waiting on hold for 14 min the lady told me I needed the Residential billing office. I have a residential account, why wouldn't you put that number on my bill. Well done. After 28 min got my answer; which is Verizon Customer service stinks. Thanks for nothing.

Re: Why do I put up with it?
oscar51
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, folks. I am Astounded! Yes, Amazed and Astounded! After yesterday's boondoggle over voice mail, I have now discovered that the enhanced DSL service I requested has come in at an astounding 1Mbs. Not 3, but 1. I was getting 3 before all this mess began. Now I'm DOWN to 1. So I'm now in a wait-and-see mode to find out what they are going to charge me for this astounding 1Mbs. Stay tuned. Let's see what they come up with when the router arrives.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@oscar51 wrote:

Well, folks. I am Astounded! Yes, Amazed and Astounded! After yesterday's boondoggle over voice mail, I have now discovered that the enhanced DSL service I requested has come in at an astounding 1Mbs. Not 3, but 1. I was getting 3 before all this mess began. Now I'm DOWN to 1. So I'm now in a wait-and-see mode to find out what they are going to charge me for this astounding 1Mbs. Stay tuned. Let's see what they come up with when the router arrives.

#1 Please post the Transceiver Status from your modem in the DSL area of this site.

#2 If you don't know how to get that info, in the DSL area of this site please answer these question(s)

a) What is the brand and model of your modem?

b) If you have a seperate router: What is the brand and model of it?

#3 Visit http://www.giganews.com/line_info.html and post up the Traceroute the page shows, if you wish in the DSL area of this site. Be aware that the final hop (bottom-most line of the trace) will contain a hop with your IP address in it. Remove that line. What I'm looking for is a line that mentions "ERX" in it's name towards the end. If for some reason the trace does not complete (two lines full of Stars), keep the trace route intact.

0 Likes
oscar51
Enthusiast - Level 2

From my first post on this topic: "Maybe one of these days they will push me over the edge. So I'll wait...."

OK. I'm over the edge and done waiting. After thrity minutes on the phone yesterday with a Verizon DSL tech rep and following all his instructions to unhook this, turn off that, click this, unclick, that, my download speed is now 0.5 Mbps. 3.0 to 1.0 to 0.5: Now that's what I call 'negative' progress. So I'm done. Tuesday I'll begin with Time Warner. I dread the hassle of closing out my Verizon account, but I'll suffer through it somehow. This is my last post to this forum. res09595 is 'over and out.'

0 Likes
BACSI1

I canned their phone service 3 years ago due to the high cost (about $55/month) and switched to Ooma VOIP. Love it and only pay $60/yr. for service just as good with options Verizon doesn't have....just sayin'....

0 Likes