Why is customer service so misleading and unresponsive?
phillystephen

Hello, I've had Internet service for a number of years now through Verizon, and decided to make the change over FIOS.

That's when the trouble started.

• The rep over the phone scheduled an appointment for a technician to show. The technician ends up being a no show. Of course this costs me a whole morning when I could be at work making money. Reps kindly reschedule, but it cost me more money since I have to take more time out of my work schedule.
  • The rep who signed me up over the phone for FIOS signs me up for phone service. I did not want phone service. I have to call to get this fixed. (And I think it's fixed... I hope it's fixed.)
  • The rep promises me a price reflecting something like a loyalty credit. On the basis of this price, I sign up. First bill comes, it's $10 more. I call. The rep promises to fix this. Next bill comes. Wrong price again. Contact customer service. They tell me they don't offer FIOS at this price.

Arrrgh.... it's enough to make me want to tear my hair out. I do not want to spend hours on the phone  again and again with Verizon getting wrong information and false promises.

Anyone out there have advice for dealing with customer service? Anyone with similar issues? Unbelievably stressful situation.

0 Likes
Re: Why is customer service so misleading and unresponsive?
VZ_Shawn
Contributor - Level 1

Hi. Allow me to apologize for your experience so far. I'd be happy to help if you are in need of assistance. ShawnG

0 Likes