Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

Why must I wait for HBO/Cinemax because of Verizon's faulty ordering system????

mantorras77
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Why must I wait for HBO/Cinemax because of Verizon's faulty ordering system????

Message 1 of 2
(631 Views)

I'm an existing FIOS customer already and 2 days I went online and placed an order for HBO/CINEMAX (Free for 3-Months) and also for a DVR (Free for 3-Months).  I knew I would have to wait for them to ship me the DVR but the HBO/CINEMAX I figured I'd have within 24-hours. 

I called the VZ Customer Service today to find out when would my HBO/CINEMAX  be turned on and I was told because I ordered HBO/CINEMAX  and the DVR together on the same order that I would have to wait until I got my DVR and activated it before the HBO/CINEMAX  would get turned on (Approx 7/20/11).  How absolutely ridiculous is this.  This is due to a typical faulty Verizon ordering system. 

It's not like there's a warning on the web site that says, "Hey, don't order channels and hardware together because you won't get your channels until you get your hardware". 

I now have to wait 14-days to get channels turned on????

1 REPLY 1
jackmcgann
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II

Re: Why must I wait for HBO/Cinemax because of Verizon's faulty ordering system????

Message 2 of 2
(621 Views)

@mantorras77 wrote:

I'm an existing FIOS customer already and 2 days I went online and placed an order for HBO/CINEMAX (Free for 3-Months)

Watch out for this! I also tried the "3 months free" They charged me for it on the 1st bill. I called in and they recognized it, however they could only fix it by having me call in 3 months in a row, and get an adjustment! Since that time, I scour my bill every month. Also, you have to call if you want to cancel, otherwise it becomes a subscribed service automagically.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title