Will you honor what was advised?
madtomic

Will you honor what was advised?

To whom may concern;

I'd been a Verizon FiOS customer since September 22, 2015. I really enjoyed the FiOS services and what it has to offer. Before I got it, like many of us. I went online and search for the best deals because I got tired of my old tv/internet provider Mediacom. I was paying Mediacom for speed of 150M and I was getting on average 60-80M if I'm lucky. Anyway, long story short. I changed my service to Verizon FiOS and hope their services will live up to their words.

Before I got the service, I was chatting with a sale agent from Verizon Alberto online. In our conversation, I asked many questions from services to fees that I would need to pay.

That day, I was excited about getting Verizon FiOS because I heard a lot of good things about it. Alberto was the sale rep, I chatted with when I ordered my Verizon FiOS service. I asked him many question about services and fees. Short version, Alberto right then told me that “A new box will be required with speeds 100/100 Mbps and above. So a technician visit will be required. You can anytime upgrade your speed for no penalty. If in future you upgrade your speed we will waive the Upgrade Fee for changing the ONT box."

This is what I got on this past Monday 11/30/15

Alvin was the first sales rep. I’ve spoken to this past Monday 11/30/15.

I contact first in regards to the deal for The FiOS™ Quantum Gateway. On my Verizon account page, it shown me that I could buy it now for a special price: $149.99.

Like many of us that are already renting a gateway for $10 a month. If I love Verizon FiOS, I think it would make sense to invest in their gateway. So I want to, well think again. I asked and was told by Alvin because I already rented one; therefore, I can’t get one for that special price of $149.99 but I can still buy it at full price. I was like why not and why would I need two gateway in the same house now? You know what, I called this false advertising. You tell me this and when I ask about it. You said different.

So, then I ask about the possible of having two routers with two FiOS services. One for internet and one for TV. He then hurried and transferred me a tech guy named Varun.

So next up was Varun, he was in tech support, later I found out from Regina. Anyway, I asked Varun questions about having two FiOS services in same house, etc., He said. Yes, it is possible and I could have two ONT installed but I would need to pay the FiOS Internet Speed Upgrade Fee @ $150 to get the new ONT install. Then I asked him about different internet upgrade options. He explained to me that they don’t replace or put new ONT, Its just we need to upgrade the speeds from Verizon server end. If I was to upgrade simply my speed from let’s said 50M to 75M.

So, my question for you, Verzion. Why are you charging FiOS Internet Speed Upgrade Fee @ $150 in installments when already your people said it’s a simple switch on server end?

I then ask him to help me set up my internet and change it to 50M to 150M and ask him what I need to pay in terms of fees, etc. Varun said, I just need to pay extra for the upgrade speeds only. I don’t need to pay for new ONT. But right then, I ask him, would my existing ONT needs to be upgrade for the speed bump to 150M? He reply, “If your ONT needs to be upgraded, this will be done for free of cost. You don’t need to worry about it.”

So back to my question about this FiOS Internet Speed Upgrade Fee @ $150, is this some kind of commission for your sales rep? Why two out of three people work at Verizon said internet speed bump. The customer only needs to pay for speed upgrade and not pay again for the ONT installation because they already had one installed.

Anyway, I was then transferred again to a billing team member. Regina from billing team, she chatted with me. She explained to me that this upgrade fee is required and she explained to me that Varun is wrong about the FiOS Internet Speed Upgrade Fee and that he was in repair. I then explained to her that Alberto from sales said the same exact thing that Varun just said back before I first signed up for Verizon FiOS service in September. I don’t have to pay the FiOS Internet Speed Upgrade Fee because I’m simply adding speed bump to my internet service. If you installed an equipment that don’t support the higher speed bump. Why are you making customers to pay again for the same ONT installation when you guys should had already installed the right equipment from the beginning?

Anyway, before I ended the chat. Regina explained to me that she could put in the order today and I could get the upgrade on Sunday. She also said that they would look into this but at the time I didn’t have the other chat ID and I wanted an assurance from Verizon before I upgrade my Verizon FiOS service. She simply said, they will review that chat I had with Alberto from sales and they would honor what was advised. I don't know about this then.

Well, I am at mix feeling now. I like Verizon FiOS service but after seeing and encountered all these misleading information and false advertising is starting to change my mind of going back to my Mediacom tv and internet service provider. I love to upgrade my FiOS service but I don’t want to pay for something that I was already told by not one but two of your people from two different departments that I don’t have to pay.

Will please someone from Verizon, please please tell me who is right here? Alberto? Varun or Regina?

Thank you,

Powen

0 Likes
Re: Will you honor what was advised?
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page here on the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes