Wireless Customer Service
akmilt
Enthusiast - Level 1

I WAS considering switching from Sprint back to Verizon.  But after this week, that will not occur.  On Monday, 4/27 I started chatting with Verizon about porting over my families 5 lines from Sprint.  After about 1.5 hours, we finally settled on a plan, phones and options. I was VERY happy with the deal.  My phones were to be delivered Wed.  Come Wed, no phones.  I checked my email, no contact from verizon.

So I tried to chat again to see what happened.  Because I didn't have a PIN (the agent Monday did not set up a pin I found out today), I was unable to chat.  It was after service hours, so I couldn't call until Thurs.  

On Thursday I called.   There person told my I never turned in my photo ID for verification.  I didn't know what he was talking about.  Apparently the agent on Monday had neglected to tell me I needed to send in a pic of my license.  Since the link was now expired, the phone agent told me I would have to go into a Verizon store to show them my ID to prove who I was.  I questioned being required to go to the store during Covid 19, but the agent insisted there was no other way.

So, Sat. (today) morning around 11:00 am, I went to Verizon.  The gentlemen there said they couldn't help me; I needed to go to the Corporate store.  So I drove down there.  They told me they couldn't help me and that I needed to call into Verizon to get help because it was an online order.  

So, at 11:34 am I called the number Corporate I was given.  It is 7:02 pm and I just got off the phone with Verizon, and I do not have an order with Verizon.  After being "disconnected accidentally" three times, and speaking with 5 different agents on the phone (some very helpful, Stacy and Andi), some completely useless, they could not help me.  

During one of my disconnections, I tried to speak with the manager of the Corporate office, after waiting for him for at least a half hour, I left because someone finally picked back up on the phone.  

So the real crux of the issue is that the phone agents told me that I could not longer get the deal I had agreed to with Verizon because the deal ended yesterday.  I told them this was ridiculous because the only reason I missed the offer was because their agent on the phone Thurs told me I had to go to the store to fix it... WHICH WAS WRONG.  The store couldn't help me.  But in that time, the offer expired.  

So I told multiple agents today, that all I wanted was for Verizon to honor the deal we had agreed to on Monday.  I was not asking for any compensation for my 10+ hours I had spent trying to get this figured out.  In the end, the last agent, at nearly 7pm, told me the best she could do is offer me a deal that was approximately $3800 worse over 2 years than the offer I got on Monday.  Multiple agents told me they did not understand where my Monday agent was getting the trade in numbers for my LGs.  To, it doesn't matter.  I have written proof of the offer that was agreed to by both parties. In fact, my final agent today could even see the chat for herself and acknowledged that the deal I was claiming to be offered, was actually offered to me.  But that she couldn't do anything about it.  

I get it.  I am one tiny little person to this giant corporation.  But, man this sucked.  All was asking for was for them to honor the deal we had made.  I get it that the agents are limited in what they are allowed to do.  But they know the ordeal I went through this week.  There should be some mechanism in place to insure this doesn't occur.  If Verizon cannot honor the offer their agents are making, then the offers should not be being made.  It was the Verizon agent who told me I had to go in to the store (which was wrong).  It was that instruction that cause my promotion to expire.  In this case, Verizon should have a way to make this right for their customers or future customers.  

As it is right now, because of the result of this situation, me and my family will not be Verizon customers.  While we don't like Sprint, their customer service has never been like this.  In fact, I believe this is the worst service I think I have ever had.  I was not wrong.  In fact I was being very reasonable.  All I was asking for was that Verizon honor the agreement we made.  

0 Likes
Re: Wireless Customer Service
jonjones1
Legend

You are complaining to the wrong forum.

http://community.verizonwireless.com  Is the right forum.

1-800-922-0204 is the wireless number.

Re: Wireless Customer Service
akmilt
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks, sorry for venting on y'all