Wireless Router a Nighttime Lightshow
TwoTankAmin
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon insists one install their router. Yesterday was our first day of triple play and in came their unwanted wireless router and out went my router. I accepted it because one can disable the wireless function which we do not use nor want to be active. The router sits next to my screen on the desk in my bedroom. It is located the only place it can be. Last night when I turned off the bedroom lights and the TV to go to sleep I discovered I had an annoying blinking green glow.

A closer examination led me to discover that the case for the router is basically a grill- it is not solid. The problem was not the indicator lights on the front of the router but all the back light which escaped through the sides and the rear of the unit and bounced off my white walls and ceiling.

A live chat tech support person has told me that If I put a manila envelope over the router to block the light emissions there will be no issues. So I will bag up the router and hope that the grill design of the case was done to make it cheaper to produce and ship from a weight point of view and not to help dissipate excess heat.

0 Likes
Re: Wireless Router a Nighttime Lightshow
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Between the VZ router, printers, work phones, printers, PCs etc. I can walk into my office at night and never have to turn on a light.  its the way electronics are, always with blinking lights.

Are you able to locate the Wireless Router some place else in your home so the glowing does not bother you?  With the Coax connection you may be able to install the router in a different location.