Wires down
Ronniemack
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wind has caused tree damage and there are two Verizon wires down.  How do I report this for a repair or service call?  I am on the phone to try to call it in but still waiting aftetr 30 minutes . . .maybe Verizon is overloaded with service requests?

0 Likes
Re: Wires down
Ronniemack
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did manage to connect to chat to create a service ticket due to a link that was in this forum.  Phone contact does not work.  

0 Likes
Cable dangling in street
Crj24
Enthusiast - Level 1

The phone cable between my house and the pole is dangling dangerously low to the street.  I’ve tried to call and use the chat several times, but spent an hour waiting with no answer.  Is there any other way to get someone to address this dangerous condition?

Re: Cable dangling in street
Crj24
Enthusiast - Level 1

And after 35 minutes of waiting on hold, I just made it to an agent who promptly (and accidentally?) disconnected the call.

Tree branch fallen on residential phone line
djarrels1
Enthusiast - Level 1

After the wind storm here in the Maryland area, a large tree branch is now on top of our residential phone line, the line is sagging and looks like it is about to break.  It is affecting our service and could possibly fall into the road.  Who do I contact to remove the branch from the line and check the lines status?

Downed telephone wires
Larryford
Enthusiast - Level 1

There is a large 1 in. Diameter cable fallen in my back yard. How do I get someone to reattach it to the pole?

verizon workers have come out twice but still nothing has been done. 

Re: Downed telephone wires
jonjones1
Legend

@Larryfordwrote:

There is a large 1 in. Diameter cable fallen in my back yard. How do I get someone to reattach it to the pole?

verizon workers have come out twice but still nothing has been done. 

Call your locations city engineering department, get the number through google or from your town/city/village hall. They can contact the responsible company and have them take care of it.

0 Likes
Re: Wires down
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

"I did manage to connect to chat to create a service ticket due to a link that was in this forum. "

We would all appreciate the specific details of how you did it.

Getting through to customer service
kpf11

I need to contact customer service because a storm downed telephone lines at my home.  The support tree at https://www.verizon.com/support/residential/contact-us/homepage.htm keeps directing me to call 1-800-VERIZON.  I've been on hold for more than 45 minutes, though.  How can I get through to customer support?

Edit: now going on 90 minutes of hold.

Edit-2: still on hold; it has been 2 hours and 30 minutes.

0 Likes
Phone line laying in roadway
Manor1

There is a phone line along with another line laying across road.  This is a very hazardous situation as it is a county road.  I tried to report via my cell but was only able to post my home outage.  Is there a way to report line laying in the road.

0 Likes