Wow, Verizon customer service is HORRIBLE!! I JUST CANCELED EVERYTHING!
kirbaile
Enthusiast - Level 1

So all week long I was looking forward to the installation of the fios doubleplay package I ordered....and yes, even though I was given a window from 8am to 5pm for installation, I was ok with it. However, by 2:30pm, I was on the phone until 4:45pm trying to get an answer as to where my tech was and in fact if I was going to receive installation....after being disconnected twice, and then when I actually was able to get someone on the phone...they could not help me because I live in NY state...different union laws..yada, yada, yada... ARE YOU KIDDING ME????!!! I finally was able to talk to the sales rep who sold me the package when he so conveniently was in my lobby talking up verizon fios last week, and HE wasn't able to help me....he just gave me another number...thank you Joel Daniel for nothing! I ended up canceling the installation when the tech called me finally at 4:59pm...What a joke verizon is!!! Verizon if I see you in my lobby, I will stand next to your representative and let them know the type of customer service you give!!! What a terrible experience....and now to cancel my wireless account....can you hear me now???

Re: Wow, Verizon customer service is HORRIBLE!! I JUST CANCELED EVERYTHING!
worstservice2

I cannot wait to do the same!!!!! Here my husband took another day off work to wait for a technician who never showed! Our Fios installation took a total of 8 hours just two weeks ago and already we're having problems!!! The customer service rep who we contacted to locate the tech expressed indifference about our situation. Even after we threatened to cancel. We've not had tv or internet for three days. We we assured just yesterday that we were pencilled in for an 8 hour appt, but our tech has been at another job for the past four hours and the end of our window has already passed. What the hell is going on here? 

I suggest you contact the Better Business Bureau. They helped me obtained a refund last year for fees charged for Internet access when I had none. I'm going to try to recoup the installation fee for this joke of a service. It's in Verizon's best interest to resolve BBB complaints since if they don't, their rating with the BBB is downgraded. 

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

@worstservice wrote:

I cannot wait to do the same!!!!! Here my husband took another day off work to wait for a technician who never showed! Our Fios installation took a total of 8 hours just two weeks ago and already we're having problems!!! The customer service rep who we contacted to locate the tech expressed indifference about our situation. Even after we threatened to cancel. We've not had tv or internet for three days. We we assured just yesterday that we were pencilled in for an 8 hour appt, but our tech has been at another job for the past four hours and the end of our window has already passed. What the hell is going on here? 

I suggest you contact the Better Business Bureau. They helped me obtained a refund last year for fees charged for Internet access when I had none. I'm going to try to recoup the installation fee for this joke of a service. It's in Verizon's best interest to resolve BBB complaints since if they don't, their rating with the BBB is downgraded. 

0 Likes
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Good Afternoon ,

We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing a problem. We do care about our customers and we would like the opportunity to resolve any issues that you may be experiencing. Please go to the provided link and submit a the required verification form so that we may assist you. Please advise us when you have submitted the form. http://www22.verizon.com/onecms/verizonsupport?ID=worstservice

Thanks,

Tonya D.

0 Likes
RJG21
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been a Verizon customer for over 15 years and I am also cancelling my service with Verizon due to their poor customer service.

Our phone and internet both stopped working. I called Verizon on my cell phone to report the problem and spent 15 frustrating minutes with an automated voice system, desperately trying to get to a live person to report the problem. When I was finally connected to a live person, she spoke with such a heavy accent I could scarcely understand what she was saying. After a half hour of line tests and various modem tests, she concluded that the problem could not be resolved over the phone and informed me that Verizon needed to send a technician to our location. I was shocked to learn that I would have to wait four days for a technician to arrive and resolve the problem and that I would have to take a day off from work to accommodate Verizon's 12 hour service window (8am - 8pm)

The technician who came to the house told me that there was a problem with a neighbor's wires and said that he would "tell his boss." When I asked him when I could expect to have my phone and internet working again, he told me that he didn't know. He said it was somebody Else's job to fix the wiring.

Late the following day, after five days with no land line phone or internet, I received a text message from Verizon stating that my service issue had been resolved. I arrived at home that evening to find my phone line and internet was still dead. I phoned Verizon and spent another 15 minutes trying to convince their automated voice system to connect me to a live person. I was again connected to an overseas operator who spoke with a heavy accent and was difficult to understand. I explained the situation and told her that my service issue had not been resolved, and Verizon needed to dispatch a technician to my location to make the needed repairs. In addition to wanting me to run all of the usual modem tests, the customer service representative I spoke with also wanted me to try to connect to the internet with another computer, and if that failed, to try to connect to the internet from another phone jack in the house. I explained to her that Verizon had already determined that my phone and internet was down due to a wiring problem outside of the house. Running all of those tests would be a waste of her time and my time. I was just calling Verizon to let them know that whatever had been done to fix the problem didn't work, and they needed to return to my location to make the needed repairs. She informed me that unless I agreed to run all of the tests she requested, she would not send a Verizon technician to my location to fix the problem. It was at that point that my tolerance for Verizon's incompetence and horrendous customer service had been reached. Time to phone their competitor.