Wrong business policy to drive exisiting customers to compititor
ccrouter
Enthusiast - Level 1

I must say become loyal customer for Verizon for last 2 years ( my contract ended 1 year ago),  Verizon policys forces me to choose their compitior for services.

My bill is incresed from 99.99 to 109.99,  I guess punishment for becoming loyal !!!!!

New customer are getting 84.99 ( free installtion/free router/no anaul contract) or 99.99 (free SD setbox for life/free Multiroom DVR for year).

They send us nice letter to convey good news your price increses to 10 $ more/month!!!,  but hey if you want to renegotiate call us

1-88-582-0034. When you call, staff (including Managers) doesnot have power to do anyhting about renegotiate but reaffirm that your prices incresed and we can do nothing about it, but we may suggest disconnect our services for 90 days and comeback again, we will give you good prices !!!

No desire to work out any pricing options. What a joke !!!

No way to communicate upper management. Admin here posts talk to  live chat I already did that without any help.

I hope somebody responsible person scans thorugh this forum.

Re: Wrong business policy to drive exisiting customers to compititor
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3
Hello ccrouter,

I can understand your frustration and would like to assist you. When you have a moment, please check your private messages.

Shamika_Vz
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
Re: Wrong business policy to drive existing customers to compititor
dez201980
Enthusiast - Level 1

You are so write....A yr ago when we signed on it was SUPPOSE to be $99....Right now our current bill is $180 and still climbing...They even charge extra for the digital phone line they tell you will save you money, then they turn around and charge extra taxes on the same "cheaper" line. They tell you anything to get you hooked and slowly but surely, they sock it to you, like you said for being loyal customers. We are looking for competitors now...Cause I would pay a cancellation just to get away from the scammers.

zubinh23
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree. I've been a FiOS customer for 4 years. When I signed up I received a one time promo for $150. New Customers are getting over that PER YEAR!  Offering lifetime DVR goes beyond a one time sign up promotion. My price guarantee expires next month. I might just take Optimum up on their $69.99 triple play offer.

greeneyedcrab
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon again shafts their loyal costomers. I have two phone accounts, a wireless account, internet service, and FIOS TV and I have been a subscriber since before 2006. I  recently noticed my bill went from 167/mo to 184/mo. (a 11 % increase)  When I called to ask why I was told that discounts that I had been receiving for 4+ years were discontinued and that I had recieved notice in June.  i do not get paper bills but just go on line each month to pay. So I guess I am expected to read the entire billing statement looking for a notice of changes and not expect a special notice.

I will be looking to go back to Dish or DirecTV but I'm sure doing so will cost me more for my internet and phone service.  If I can't do that I will likely drop some of the premium services I overpay for.

zubinh23
Enthusiast - Level 3

Optimum just offerred $69.95 mo for the triple play guaranteed for two years, free dvr & standard box for life and a free 8GB Ipod Touch. I think I'm gonna sign up. If VZ offers  a free DVR and free STB a year from now, then I may come back.