Yahoo login problem was Verizon DSL now Verizon cellphone
CamryMyst

I'm not even sure where to start.  About February 2009 I started experiencing login issues with my Verizon Browser.  For the Login the options were the Verizon.net account, my regular Yahoo account and Guest.  For years I have always logged in to my regular Yahoo email.  Then the problems started earlier this year where I repeated would get 'wrong password' when attempting to log in my regular Yahoo so I started to have to log in the Verizon.net account and then click over to the regular Yahoo email account (no password required and when security timed out had no issue accepting my password).  Then at the end of April 2009 my hard drive crashed.  I threw my hands up and decided to handle the computer problem when I returned from vacation May 17th. 

We returned from Europe and I replaced my hard drive, reinstalled my computer programs, but NOT the Verizon Browser.  Haven't a clue if it's a contributing factor to the next problem.  Without the Login box I was no longer forced to log into Verizon.net to get to my regular Yahoo account and I no longer experienced an issue logging into my regular Yahoo email.  However, then I started experiencing login issues on my cellphone.  I have an LG with 'broadband' service and have accessed by Yahoo email account via my cell phone for years.  It also seems that long since I've ever had to enter my username and password, however, suddenly it's required probably 8 out of 10 accesses.  And it doesn't recognize my login many of those times which pretty much renders the cellphone useless since I don't make many calls.  It repeatedly will give me error messages saying my username and/or password are incorrectly (AND THEY ARE NOT!).  Unlike the computer, I cannot login to the Verizon.net email account as it says it has determined I have a Yahoo account and need to log in that way (it also means I can never check my Verizon.net email account via my cellphone).  Often the login problem clears once I access my email via my desktop, but this is not an option when I'm traveling.

I am totally loss as to where the problem lies.  Don't know if it's an extention of the same type of problem, but on my cell phone about February 2009 I started to have to ALWAYS respond to the security question when accessing my bank via the cellphone.  I always check the box that I use this device to access my accounts and the only time I don't have to respond to one of the questions is if I log back into the bank site within minutes of the original login.

0 Likes