Yet Another Bait and Switch
BigStew2000
Enthusiast - Level 2

This seems to happen to a lot of people on here. If you search "Bait and Switch" you'll see another post almost identical to mine.

Last July (2017) I agreed to a new 2 year contract. At that time the Representative told me that I would not lose my $11 discount for lifetime DVR. Well the discount fell off. Ok no big deal, I call VZ and the next Representative agrees to put it back on my account for 2 years (until my contract expires, actually). HOWEVER he said that the code he was using is for $12, not $11 and that it's only going to last for 12 months. He stated that he would set a follow up for the 11th or 12th month and re-add the discount for another 12 months.  Did he do that? NO. Did he remark the acount with what he told me? NO, OF COURSE NOT.

So after the discount falls off, I call into VZ and explain what happened. I was very clear that I was supposed to get a discount for for the entire contract as I was told it was their error. The Representative said because it was not remarked, I would not be getting it. I escalated to a Supervisor, Liz, who also said that "she never said she didn't believe me" yet because it wasn't on the account, she would not take my word that the conversation took place and refused to give me back WHAT I WAS PROMISED OVER A YEAR AGO AND HAD BEEN GETTING SINCE THE ORIGINAL ISSUE HAPPENED.  She was incredibly condescending, and essentially said I was lying about the conversation because the Representative did not send me a personal email stating that he would go back on the account and add the remaining 12 months. While she stated that she never said she didn't believe me, she would also not add the discount back on. If she believed me, she would have and I wouldn't have been going through all of this! I asked to escalate to the Director level and was told that SHE handled Director level complaints and I would go no further.

VZ you not only pulled a bait and switch last year to get me to sign a new contract, but now you are doing it AGAIN and stealing money from me. Because your shoddy employee did not properly remark the account (and I suspect had no intention of ever reapplying the discount as promised) I am the one who will now pay the price. THIS is why people cancel their service, which I am now shopping around for.

People - If a Rep promises you something, INSIST that they send it in writing! If you don't and VZ chooses to back out of their agreement, you are screwed.

0 Likes
Re: Yet Another Bait and Switch
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi BigStew2000,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes