Yet More Unreturned Equipment Charge Shenanigans from Verizon
tr231
Enthusiast - Level 1

Canceled our service because we moved somewhere without FiOS. Called twice prior to moving. Our boxes to return the equipment never arrived. Checked with my old residence multiple times, they were never delivered to the old residence.

We moved a few miles away. I called Verizon immediately after moving. Asked them to resend the boxes to the new address. I was assured that the boxes would be sent. They informed me that I only needed to return the DVR box, not the router, and that a box would be sent for that purpose to my new address.

After three weeks, I still hadn't received boxes - either at the old residence or at the new residence. I called again, and asked why I hadn't received the boxes. I didn't receive an answer - the agent didn't know why I hadn't received them. I asked the agent to resend the boxes. He said he couldn't resend them because there was an outstanding request for the boxes. I asked what I was supposed to do. He said I could "try checking with UPS?"

Of course, UPS didn't have a solution for me. Fast forward three more weeks - no boxes, either at my old or my new residence, despite four separate requests. At this point I've called Verizon four times to get boxes delivered to return my equipment. This morning, I receive an email informing me that an unreturned equipment charge will be issued to my account. I call verizon (for the fifth time) to address this issue. I'm informed that the boxes will now be sent to me (for the fourth time, I've been told this, not including the one time I was told I could not be sent boxes becaue of the outstanding box issuance).

I asked to speak with a supervisor, because I'm assuming at this point the boxes will not be sent to my address. I'm initially  refused the opportunity to speak with a Supervisor. I say I'll hold until one is available. I'm placed on hold for 10 minutes, then hung up on before speaking with a supervisor.

This is preposterous. I've attempted five times to return my equipment. I've been told, among other things, that the boxes have issued, that the boxes cannot be issued, that the boxes will be issued. I've been told I only need to return the set top box, not my router. And now I have an unreturned equipment charge for an unreturned router. And I've been hung up on trying to resolve this issue.

Anyone else experiencing these extremely shady practices from Verizon?

Re: Yet More Unreturned Equipment Charge Fraud from Verizon
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Find a local UPS store.

You are supposed to be able to drop them off there and they will return it.

Be sure to keep your tracking number and watch when it says it has been delivered.

Re: Yet More Unreturned Equipment Charge Fraud from Verizon
tr231
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you. The nearest Verizon store will take me about an hour and a half to get to, and that's simply not feasible for me given my travel and work schedule.  It's amazing that their bills have no issue reaching me, but the simple boxes I need to package my items simultaneously have been, can be, and can't be issued.

I tried with UPS. They didn't know how to send it. I'll try again with a different UPS agent.

0 Likes
Re: Yet More Unreturned Equipment Charge Shenanigans from Verizon
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi tr23,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes