Re: ZERO loyalty incentives for existing FIOS bundle customers
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@applemacdave wrote:

... Verizon seems to have no love at all for existing customers ... I'm currently shopping to switch to anything but verizon ... I've been a customer since day 1  ... but I'm tired of paying [more] because I'm an existing customer.

If I understand the argument here, the complaint is that existing customers are unable to take advantage of promotions offered to new customers.  Perhaps it's just me, but this situation resembles what logicians refer to as a tautology.  I.e., the words are self-explanatory or self-proven.  You cannot get a "new customer" promotion if you are not a "new customer," and usually you cannot get "new customer" status by dropping an account for a certain period of time, and then re-establishing the account.

This isn't a "Verizon thing" or a "Comcast thing" or anything similar.  It's a time-worn retailing technique that's in use in a wide range of industries.  By way of comparison, my local newspaper is constantly offering me special 6 or 12 week rates, provided that I later subscribe at the full price.  I would find it very unusual if they later offered me "new subscriber" rates, and continued to do so, throughout the life of the relationship.  I suspect others can think of many similar examples.

0 Likes
applemacdave
Enthusiast - Level 1

I hear you loud and clear on that and perhaps I could have worded things a little better... I'm in no way trying to portray a sense of entitlement to a new customer offer as, like you said, it's self-explanatory.  My point of view is that there seems to be little-to-no effort on the part of Verizon to retain customers that have been loyal to them for a very long time.  In the end, Verizon is in business to make money, and good for them - they offer goods and services in exchange for money and the theory is that they hope to bring in more than they shell out (cost of goods sold vs revenue).  What I'd like to see is some sort of incentive to stay with Verizon in the face of competition.  Currently, I have very little incentive to stay - or worse for Verizon - continue to recommend their services to friends and family.

0 Likes
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@applemacdave wrote:

I hear you loud and clear ... I'm in no way trying to portray a sense of entitlement to a new customer  ... What I'd like to see is some sort of incentive to stay with Verizon in the face of competition.  Currently, I have very little incentive to stay - or worse for Verizon - continue to recommend their services to friends and family.

Fair enough.  It took me some time to decide to transfer my existing range of services (including four separate providers) to VZ, partly because I didn't want to spend the time I knew it would take to get things where I wanted them.  Now that they're there (or very nearly), I'm once again loathe to switch.

At the same time I was never completely satisfied with one or more of my earlier providers, particularly with respect to the quality and reliability offered.  That's no longer an issue with VZ (at least not now or not yet), so I'm willing to forego a monetary incentive to stay put.  I am not saying that VZ has been one hundred percent accurate in responding to my needs the first time at bat, but rather that having learned a bit about how to phrase the issue, I've ended up where I want to be.

Of course nothing is simple these days, and my position may change with time.  That's where it is at this writing.  Wish you the best in your quest, old sport.

0 Likes
velishka
Enthusiast - Level 1

All of the providers usually lock the price for 1 year, then it goes up.

The friend of mine switch to TWC for 1 year (no contract), then back to FIOS, got "new customer" deal.

Then he found out that you don't need to drop TWC at all. They will let you to cancel the service, then signed up for the new terms as a new customer without hanging up the phone. All you need to do is change the name on the account. So, basically call them if you want "new customer" deal, cancel, give the phone to your spouse, sign a new deal.

I just spoke to the FIOS rep, same issue with me. $5 MORE, same package, 2 year contract, $120 gift card.

So basically, Verizon is saying, we already got you, why do we need to please you.

Definitely switching to TWC !

0 Likes
fw_guy
Enthusiast - Level 1

While Verizon provides an overall good service, there are a couple of areas where they fall down:

- accurate billing;  posts abound where it takes, on average, 3 months to get an accurate bill after signing on with Verizon

- getting a human on the phone; today I got one, for account retention, and they dropped my call after about a minute; yes, I was being polite, no, I will not continue with Verizon

- competitive pricing;  Verizon and Verizon Wireless seem to be of the opinion that they provide the best service, so they can charge the highest price

I don't know which is cause and which is effect, but a handful of years ago, my wife and I took a trip to Hawaii, and while there, met a bunch of Verizon employees (managers) who were there on a Verizon conference, staying at the Ritz Carlton.  Is our pricing high because of the cost of such boondoggles, or are the boondoggles a reward to the executives for being able to extract such high prices from the customer base ?

0 Likes
Chris2113

I am having the same issue.  My bundle expires in 3 months.  In order to keep the price relatively the same I was told I to return equipment and downgrade my TV plan.

Looks like I am heading back to Xfinity. 

0 Likes