bait and switch tactics by VERIZON have me livid
scottplouff
So here's my soapbox on WHY NOT TO GET VERIZON FIOS... So called and spoke with sales department as I wanted a better, and possibly cheaper bill for cable TV..I was currently paying $185.00 per month for 3 DVR TV systems, internet and phone...not bad but thought I could do better... Called the only other option Verizon Fios, and have regretted it for the last 25 hours since installed.. Let me first say they have no customer service skills. Salesperson tells me exactly what I'm paying $185.00 and change, then He tells me he's going to save me $50.00 per month, I will have exactly the same setups, 3 DVR TV systems, (only i'll be able to watch and record in any room) I'll then have a home phone and a better, more realible internet than what I have... Next he tells me it's 140.76 per month...Saving of $50 bucks Then I get after 90 days a $300.00 debit card( there's a catch to this too that they won't tell me just yet as my 30 days isn't up yet for free trial) Then he tells me he is sending me a FREE TABLET...I aske what's the catch? you don't just give tablets away..He stated to m e " We are giving them away, you can pick it up at any verizon store, there's no charge and it's FREE!!!! I said I don't want it he tells me he's sending a coupon out and I can have it FREE!!! there's no signing up for anything it's mine as a gift... Well it's not FREE!! it cost $30.00 per month for 24 months which equals 720.00 without taxes...YOU CAN GO TO WALMART BUY A SAMSUNG TABLET FOR $200.00...AND USE FREE WIFI.... So reluctantly I signup for fios at 140.76 per month and here's where the fun freakin begins.... Install went great... Went to record a show, appears I didn't get the DVR service I order but a NON DVR service... Put a call into customer service and I waited our an hour and a half for a human to tell me the exact same thing, so the quoted price is now $163.00 or so a month not the $140.76 per month. Once again I was lied to, So now I get the DVR service and am told I will have to go to a verizon wireless store to pick up my DVR.. I was given the address to pick it up and told they close at 8:00... Next day I go to verizon store at 6:30 and there closed.... I call customer service, get the retention department, they are just as useless and give you the run around. I switched to save less than $20 bucks per month and received nothing but aggravation, disappointment and utter incompetence from verizon... Verizon FIOS LIES to get you to signup and then push the price higher and give false promises through deceptive business practices... I didn't get the price I was quoted for the service I previously had, I was promised a FREE TABLET, and that's not FREE!!!! Stated nothing about signing up for a 24 month service...I should have known better anyway...Then i was sent out on a wild goose chance to return a box that the store wasn;t even open...So basically in order to get some satisfaction and delight I will continually tell people of my experience with Fios as I believe this was a bait me and switch on me just to get me to commit to them...I thought about just going back to cable, but the verizon installer cut all my cable hookups, telephone and internet conncection, so cable says the have to charge me to hook me back up at a 150.00 new charge... THANKS VERIZON FIOS I CAN'T WAIT TO FILE A FCC COMNPLAINT ON YOUR UNETHICAL BUSINESS TACTICS
0 Likes
Re: bait and switch tactics by VERIZON have me livid
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board. you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We didn't hear back from you on your Private Support case. We hope you were able to find resolution to your issue.

If you need further assistance, feel free to make a new post in the public Forums. We'll be able to continue looking into your issue.

As always, we're available for support around the clock.

Thanks,
Ali Adam

0 Likes
Lee20141

I feel like I have been the victim of Verizon's bait and switch tactics, too. I rebundled my account February with a Verizon representative that was advertising at Walmart. i have been a Verizon customer since 2007 and 2008, and was holding off rebundling because of the stress with contacting their customer representative. However, this sales representative, showed me that I would be paying $143 per month for 2 years, which includes the 2 set tops I have, international calling, an upgrade to 50/30 speed and tax. He said it was a steal since I would be paying $11. 

When my first bill came, I saw that my bill was for $162, not $143. I immediately called customer service representative, and going over the order confirmation with her, she said it was because the guy added $16.99 discount for a tv package I never ordered that made my account go down to $143 per the order confirmation. After she talked to her supervisor, she said that she will adjust my account $16.99 + tax.. She told me that this would be honored per the 2 year agreement, and that she will manually discount that $16.99 until her request for automatic deduction applies. She did follow through what she said, but I think after a month or two of manually adjusting my account she stopped.

So, I called customer service for the following months and they gave me the adjustment, and again, told me an order to have it automatically added to my account has been requested. I did not have any trouble with these representatives. Fast forward to today, I called customer service asking for the adjustment because the automatic adjustment hasn't applied. I was told by the customer rep and the supervisor after her that they can no longer give me that adjustment after this month and 3 months after, or something like that.

I told them the situation, and referred them to the notes on my account. The notes were what I referred the previous customer rep. I was basically told that the previous 3-4 customer reps I spoken to, who referred the adjustments with their supervisor, did not know what they were talking about. Yes, the $16.99 discount was shown for a movie package when I did not order a movie package. But if the sales representative did not show me the monthly price with this discount nor the first customer representative did not confirm that I would be getting this discount for the whole contract, I would have released myself from the contract.

This is so frustrating. Calling them each month was horrific enough. Now, they're denying me what they originally promised. I'm contemplating switching to another cable company, and then use their $200 promotion credit to pay the $180 I need to cancel my verizon.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello Lee2014

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Lee2014,

Having checked on the account and locating the error, we have corrected the billing for your account. If you have any additional questions please make a new post.

-Adam_VZ

0 Likes
docnoir1

Me too. Just got royally ripped off by them. Offered a plan to renew for 2 years with rewards and slightly better service for $4.00 less it seemed. Then I found out I lost my turner movies--and the small print said I had 14 darys to cancel. What they neglected to inform me of was that I could not simply cancel within the 14 days and go back to my original contract which still had a year on it with the same service. Within 3 biz. days I tried to do just that. First they tried to hook me on another plan for $10.00 more--that would restore my services and retain a higher internet speed. So i went for that but them they lobbed on a sports channel service charge. I told them I could iive very nicely without those channels. They said too bad you have to have them and the charge. Pogrammed robots hired here should be the message.

So I called up to cancel and revert to my orginal plan. NO DICE--you cannont as we no longer offer the 50/20 internet speed you had and you would  have to take the 50/50 more money--and in order to get the Turner chanel you had you will have to take the Extreme rather than the HBO which is again more money--so my original bill was now--in order to more or less get back to the services I had 3 days ago--40.00 more. This is a total rip off. I am going to contact the attorney General of NY and any other agencies that are watch dogging this scofflaw company. It is shabby and they punish the customer after their bait and switch tactics BEWARE OF ANY of THEIR OFFERS--THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi docnoir,

Sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue. Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes