call from Angela about Long Distance
cls711
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have received a call from this number every day for over a week. I don't know if it is a real verizon number.

"Hi this is Angela calling from Verizon Long Distance. We would like to review the information on your long distance account. If you culd call 1-888-483-4083. Thanks you for choosing Verizon and have a wonderful day." 

I cannot locate this number in any of the contact numbers for Verizon and this number shows up as Unavailable on my phone.

Has anyone else had this phone call? Real, Scam or fishing?

Thanks

Re: call from Angela about Long Distance
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

I would recommend contacting Verizon through a legitimate number and asking. If there's really a need to review your account, they should be able to do so just as well as "Angela" could.

Re: call from Angela about Long Distance
barbshop
Enthusiast - Level 3

This doesn't sound like something Verizon would do.  They are generally not in the habit of cold calling people.  However, there are a lot of fringe companies out there that will call and say they want to talk about "your Verizon serivce", but when pressed they will admit they have nothing to do with Verizon.  Their goal is to sell you alternative service.  Don't Call her back.