complaint about technician
treelimb1

I called to let Verizon know that a tree limb (about 50 pounds) is suspended over the Verizon line that connects our home to the street wire.  The dead limb is completely separated from the tree but is precariously balanced such that a strong wind will cause it to fall on the line.  The limb is hanging above the  public street and is NOT on private property.  It is hanging above where cars park.

I called and made an appointment for the technician to come and assess it.  I was not able to be home for the appointment.  I gave the phone operator permission to go ahead and check it out without me being there; the phone operator confirmed that would be OK and the technician would still inspect the situation.  

The technician called the wrong phone number--talked to my wife instead of me.  She told him the situation and asked him to look at it.  He (Greg - Tech # THU) left a business card, but typed in a text to my wife--again not the number I left for him to use--"Hi. Sorry, looks like we've missed you [...] we have closed your ticket."

It is unfortunate that despite my effort to be proactive about a potential problem, Verizon's inefffective internal communication and lack of follow-through have gotten the better of the situation.

0 Likes
Re: complaint about technician
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi treelimb,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases." You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe." Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes