disappointing customer service
WoburnGuy

Today I looked into renewing my expired agreement and it did not go well.

First I attempted to use the online method and was offered the same features except it was $129.99 where my current expired deal is $119. So to renew, I could get nothing but pay more money. such a deal. so online and chatting with an agent got me nowhere and is very frusttrating.

I then called customer service at 5:15 tonight asking for deals when I renew. The agent (I have his name) offered a pretty good deal, same package, $10 off for autopay and netflix for one year. I agreed and he sent me the agreement.

When reviewing the agreement, I noticed he switched tv packages without informing or ever mentioning it. I was steaming so I called back and asked the new rep to review the proposed package as it didn't seem right. First, they confirmed that the tv channel package changed and I would be losing channels, second, they stated auto pay is only $5 per month off and third, the original rep stated myrewards points would pay for three months of premium channels which is false since three months of pay channels is 800 points.

I work in customer support so I wrote the offer down at time of conversation and repeated it back to ensure there was no misunderstanding and he confirmed all the info even though it was incorrect on so many points. Mistakes are one thing but blatant disception is unacceptable. The end result is that I cancelled the proposed package and now when I checked out tv, I find that the new package is present and I've lost channels. Wonderful. I'll have to make yet a third call for something that should have been so simple yet has turned into a nightmare.

0 Likes
Re: disappointing customer service
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi WoburnGuy,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes