do they care about customer retention
mayswitchsoon
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon spends millions to get new customers. I have been a triple bundled Fios customer for  year. I still get direct mail offering me promotions and packages. My original promotions are expiring. My bill was increased without warning and they refuse to extend the promotions. If I leave for 6 months and then take advantage of new promotions, they will have to send another service tech and spend $ setting up my account. What kind of business model is this? Spend less in advertising/marketing and more on customer service, the existing form of which is an oxymoron.

Re: do they care about customer retention
BigMJH
Enthusiast - Level 1

SOP with Verizon ... and the words Verizon and customer service should never be used in the same sentence.  Smiley Mad

0 Likes
Billwsteelers
Enthusiast - Level 2

No.  If they did, they wouldn't jack rates.  If they did they wouldn't be shutting down FTP to our personal web space.  They charge too much for too little as it is and my wife and I are discussing just getting rid of the home phone and going with a new ISP for our internet.

0 Likes
bellretired

No they don't. If they did they would make the promo offerings available to existing customers who no longer have a contract. The fact that a user no longer has a contract should tell them there may be a problem. There was a time in the Bell System that customer satisfaction meant. Now that they have competition, it seems that that virtue went away. Bring back the old Bell System.

0 Likes