how to stop automatic downloads of security suite?
-bj-

I have Verizon internet security suite and would like to know if it's possible to stop it from automatically doing updates? I'd rather wait until I'm done with my online work and then choose to do the updates. It's causing so many annoying problems and increasing my work time. I have xp with ie6.

I have tried emailing but get no understandable reply and prefer not to call as I have had problems with the remote assistance. Another complaint I have about security suite is all the various programs that are included. When I started getting it, all I wanted was software for virus, spam, firewall, and blocking pop-ups. Now there are more that I don't want. I'm ready to go back to MacAfee if something can't be done.

~bj~

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: how to stop automatic downloads of security suite?
dragonlady
Enthusiast - Level 3
Why can't you just call them and cancel it? Don't you have to pay monthly for that? There are a lot of good FREE antivirus programs you can download , Avast, Avira, Avg are just a few. A good malware program is also Malwarebytes.
0 Likes
i_like_turtles
Contributor - Level 1

does it give you the option to schedule updates on your own ? because what you COULD do, is set the update time to like 4A.M in teh morning or something like that when u know u will be asleep and therefore not working.

Unless you sleepwork.

which would be weird.

0 Likes
-bj-

Thanks for posting to my question.

I can schedule scans but as far as I can tell not updates. I've searched the entire program's help and tried at the site but can't get an answer. The updates happen throughout the day and basically stop internet use for me until it's completely installed.

~bj~

0 Likes