misleading tv channel package information
kingsleymw
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently signed up for a new two year agreement when I realized that my previous agreement had expired.  I signed up online using the online tools provided.  Those tools showed me that HBO would be included in my ultimate HD package.  I would be paying more for my “new” package, but the online tools indicated that I would be receiving the same channels so I decided to renew anyway.  After renewal, I found out that I was no longer subscribed to HBO.  I went online to see what channels that my package includes, and it clearly states that my ultimate HD package includes HBO (see screenshot below).

I called customer service 0n 3/18/17 to try and correct the situation.  I was passed around to several people without any resolution to the issue.  Eventually I was passed onto Ken.  Ken's continued argument was that the website information  stating that HBO would be, and is part of my package is incorrect, and he stated that I should be calling the website to get the website corrected and not calling him at customer service to get my account fixed.  I explained to Ken that it was the information presented on the website that led me to decide to renew my contract using that same website, and that Verizon should honor what is offered on their website.  Ken continued with same scripted argument that the website was wrong.   I asked Ken if he had bought something from Amazon for $20 but was charged $40, would he accept the response from Amazon to call the website to get the incorrect price changed on the website.  Ken did not have a response to this question on the script in front of him.

I renewed my contract at an increased price believing that HBO was included in my new package, and you can see from the attached screenshot that my package states that HBO is included. Beware of the information presented to you before signing a new agreement.image

0 Likes
Re: misleading tv channel package information
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi kingsleymw,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes