more lies and bait and switch from Verizon
Brychance
Enthusiast - Level 1

My 2 year contract was up a few days ago and I thought about upgrading to Fios Quantum with a new contract and DVR to replace my TIVO.   BIG mistake!  Do not believe a word these people say to you!  

THREE times I asked what my charges would be and specifically what my services and equipment costs were.   I was told 231.00 per month by “Amy”…but the first time I was shipped only 1 STB DVR and nothing for any of the other rooms. So I sign up for a multi-room DVR and you only expect me to have 1 TV? So they did this to hide the extra costs. Then I call back and this time I speak with a “Daniel” who tells me out right that Amy lied and I was not going to be getting any other equipment. So he says, he’ll fix everything, I will be getting 2 more STB’s shortly and the price is the same. What he DIDN’T tell me is he canceled my premium channels without my agreeing to it in order to get the price down..but never told me that was what he was doing. Now I call back because today my premium channels disappeared even though I have paid for them for the rest of the month, and this time “Stormy” (yeah, like these are their real names) says the cost for the premium channels changed my order to over 270.00 a month. AND when I said I was recording the conversation because I have been lied to so many times from Verizon, she says she must hang up if I am recording the call. No wonder they don’t want to be recorded…they cannot give a straight answer to save their life. DO NOT believe anything these reps tell you…get it in writing before you agree to anything.   Incredible how poorly they treat people. I’ll be calling the corporate office as well. 

Oh, and I said I want to cancel all the "upgrade orders" and just go back to my month to month...she said I had to call back on Monday and talk to the "disconnect department" since they are closed right now and hung up on me.   Great customer service Verizon!

0 Likes
Re: more lies and bait and switch from Verizon
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Brychance,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes