"Drop wire" Damage claim from CMR
epoe1

:

We received a bill from CMR, company hired by Verizon for managing its property claims, for $307 for the damage to the fiber optic cable from regular normal lawn maintenance. Claim # {edited for privacy};date of damage/discovery 06/13/2015.

Technician from Verizon promptly put a new cable on a ground, without even mentioning of any possible charge from Verizon, as the original cable was buried barely 2”deep under the ground. 

According NEC 830.47  underground broadband communication cable without safety conduit must be installed at least 18” deep  and with conductive tape above. Also, check FOA standards, instructions and manuals, like Drop_Const_manual_CO_107145 (p26). In numerous published on this board cases the same story reappeared every time with a complaint on a bill from Verizon for damaged cable that was buried only  2-3”deep. If it was a systematic violation, why we, customers should be responsible for Verizon's own mistakes from the past 'gold rush' era of expansion? 

Years ago, not only the cable was buried with the code violation on our property, our main septic line was cut through: basement and first floor were flooded with the sewage ..

Are there any improvements nowadays? New cable with conduit was installed, breaking through 4 underground irrigation lines…

And yes -  this time we are expecting a refund for damage repair from subcontractor. 

And should I mention that in all 3 fiber optic cable underground installations on our property we were never notified ahead of time when the work will be done.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: "Drop wire" Damage claim from CRM
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi epoe1,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

View solution in original post

Re: "Drop wire" Damage claim from CRM
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi epoe1,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.