"mix and match" not available to existing customers?
CR
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm up to renew my bundle.  With the new bill-bloat (sports fees) and unnecessary equipment upgrades (new router for $15/mo vs. existing, working, router) it looks like around a 30% increase.  I looked into the new "mix and match" that Verizon been crowing about but when you get through the details it turns out that it's not available to existing loyal customers.  (note the "mix and match" would give me more capability for even less than my current bundle!).  Discussions on the web say to sign up for "new" service and drop the existing one, but I can't believe the even Verizon would make it this difficult for they're current customers.  While I evaluate the alternatives (Cox's new Contour upgrade looks really nice) I'm wondering if anyone has found a way to cut through the Verizon **bleep** and get a fair deal.

0 Likes
Re: The "mix and match" cake is a lie?
AlphaB
Contributor - Level 1

"it turns out that it's not available to existing loyal customers"

That's strange.  I called them & was advised that Mix & Match is available to existing customers.  Also, I could switch to Mix & Match w/o cancelling fees.  I have a 2 yr contract which does not expire til 2021.

0 Likes
Mix and Match is a JOKE!!! About to drop cable if this continues
Frustrated20202

I'd actually like to change to the mix and match plan, but apparently as a Verizon customer of 19 years, that's impossible to do. 

I log into my account and do not get an option to do mix and match (only double play with or without a contract). If I put in a non-customer address, I get the option of mix and match no problem. 

So I call customer service, first person says they can't do mix and match over the phone and I have to do it online. So I try again. Still no option. 

I call back and Verizon hangs up on me 3 times and tells me to call back tomorrow. I finally get to someone and they tell me the same **bleep**. Request to speak to a supervisor and again told it can only be done online.

So a HUMAN being can't help me and the website doesn't give me the option to do mix and match. 

Very Frustrated!  We were debating dropping Verizon TV in favor of Hulu, but actually did like the mix and match offer. I'm re-thinking that now! 

For something that's supposed to help them keep customers, it's not working in my case. 

0 Likes
Frustrated20202

Same situation! This is absolutely ridiculous! 

You would think if this is their effort to prevent losing more customer that they would actually give existing customers the option. What's even worse is that they are lying and saying its an option, but there is no way to get it as an existing customer. (if someone finds a way, please let me know)

0 Likes
Frustrated20202

They say it's available to existing customers, but there is NO WAY to actually sign up for it as an existing customer. 

0 Likes
CR
Enthusiast - Level 3

I wish you could share the secret.  I tried chatting with "Jessica" via the web site and she said it was not doable.  I also tried using the verizon.com web site, and it defiantly won't let an existing customer sign up.  I'm going to try again this week and try to actually talk to a human and see what happens.  I don't understand why companies can't just offer a good product at a fair price and let the consumer choose.  Too many games.

0 Likes
Frustrated20202

Update- I opened a chat via the My Fios App this evening. 

The agent told me she COULD switch me to mix and match. Wow, after an afternoon of phone calls that went nowhere. 

I was very happy until she sent me the quote. I had picked the $90 TV plan that was supposed to have the set top box and $12 DVR included.  Instead I saw a $12 charge for each on the quote. 

I asked and was told that she verified the included set top box and DVR was only for NEW customers.

So they want to charge me $24 more a month than a new customer. I declined the plan and told the agent I was reconsidering my FIOS TV service. 

Very unfortunate! 

0 Likes
Re: "mix and match" not available to existing customers?
halkatzen
Enthusiast - Level 1

Good news all...I was able to get a online chat session going and was able to secure the deal.  It took persistence after calling several reps via phone and trying different reps on the chat service but it looks like they got it right via the chat.  The phone rep says that the mix and match is available via the portal but I was unable to navigate to it. To add insult  to injury, Verizon presented me with offerings that cost more, even for the same service on the portal display.    Keep in mind that the promotion of $39 per month and/or digital voice for $20 per month is available with the $10 discount, only if you use a checking account for them to debit it from not CC.   During the chat session the rep will send you a link to your email which you can click through and they will confirm your order that way.  You will have to set up autopay to a checking account after the call.  I already had it so you may need to call back or chat back to confirm that you are getting your $10 discount.

tsao16

chatting with "Jessica" about 45 min. tonight, but I still cannot switch to lower cost mix/match plan.

they only help you to switch to higher $$$ options

0 Likes
mitch0531
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you still cannot get to mix and match, clear cookies in your browser. Then login to My Verizon.  Then go to link https://www.verizon.com/personal/home/bundles/fios/ec

You should be presented with mix and match. But don't get too excited.  You cannot drop any service if you are on triple play.  I was thinking of dropping phone and TV and going internet only. Cannot deselect the way you can as a new user. Also, free router rental on 1GB internet only available to new customers. Free STB and $12 DVR credit from Most Fios TV option not available to existing users, only to new users.  Bottom line is I can only choose all 3 services and if I select the equivalent of what I have right now my monthly price goes up by $50 and I lose HBO and Showtime.  I had the old extreme package that included them both but it will be expiring soon. so I could pay an additional $25 to keep Showtime and HBO and I will be paying an extra $75 per month.  Pretty good deal. I have not tried calling in yet to get a better deal or to drop everything and go internet only. But so far online mix and match looks like a bust for existing users. The killer here is $15 for the router rental, $20 for enhanced DVR and $36 for 4 STB's.  No discounts.  That's $71 on top of the mix and match rates.