return of equipment
bill312

On 3/1/18 my internet went down for the 4th time in a little over a month. I called and got a customer service rep who I suspected she did not know waht she was doing. She decided I needed a new router. I called an hour later and the rep fixed the problem in less than 2 minutes. I asked to cancel the shipment of the router I did not need. i was told it was too late and to just return the router. I called UPS and canceleed the delivery. Ups returned the router on 3/5 18. This was confermed by the tracking number given to me by verizon Then the problem started . I was getting reminders to return the equipment. I called explained the situation and was told it would be taken care of. Bull the reminders kept comming. I called again and was told it would be taken care of .Bull . The reminders continued. I tried chat and was told that reminders are sent even when the equipment has been returned. How stupid is that. I was assured for the third time it would be taken care of. I got another reminder today and was furious I called and said if I got billed and I was contacting the FCC, the better business bureau, consumer affairs and the attorney general. I was told they had a record that the equipment was returned. Yet they sent me a reminder today. I am still furious over all my time that has been wasted and when my contract is over GOOD BYE

0 Likes
Re: return of equipment
jonjones1
Legend

Well you certainly did all the correct things. Try your states Public Utilities Commission or Public Service Commission since they normally have jurisdiction over Verizon.

never ignore those warnings since they expect you to not respond and then try to bill you for non returned equipment. There wireless side is famous for that trick. Saying they never got it back after the tracking shows it was received back. Be very careful.

good luck in your endeavors 

0 Likes
Re: return of equipment
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus
This issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.
0 Likes