rewards program
doh1
Enthusiast - Level 3

i didn't know where to put this one, so i just stuck it here. why is it so difficult to redeem points. ordering gift cards and having them arrive is like winning the lottery. i hate to mention the way points expire.

0 Likes
Re: rewards program
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you contacted support?

BTW, I have used points for vod rental and not had an issue.

0 Likes
doh1
Enthusiast - Level 3

i have called several times. the last time they said that their deal with verizon was ending soon and could not help me. i still ave two different amounts online it is stuck at the same amount for several months and ON DEMAND it has gone up. is this their way to force me to use ON DEMAND ?

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Who did you contact?

Don't understand when you said they stated their deal with Verizon will soon expire.

Did you contact Verizon?

And what don't you like about how they expire? They expire after a year.

0 Likes
doh1
Enthusiast - Level 3

i e mailed verizon first. verizon said they do not handle the "rewards"

and told me to call an 800 number of whoever it is that sends out the gift cards

0 Likes
doh1
Enthusiast - Level 3

just to let everyone know , i have given up on the reards program.  points disappear with no explanation . points expire after a year but when 1800 points vanish and they only give you 1300 back after you complain, i give up. it seems that once i would get enough points to redeem they suddenly disappear. you win,whomever is really respnsible since no one i talked to or e mailed ever claimed to know anything.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can see them both from the On Demand menu on your TV as well as account in FIOS app.

From there you can see when points expire.

That is pretty common with rewards points.

My grocery store gives points towards gas purchases.

They tell you they expire in 30 days. Don't use them, they go away with no notification.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@CRobGauthwrote:

My grocery store gives points towards gas purchases.

They tell you they expire in 30 days. Don't use them, they go away with no notification.

Ha ha ha where I live we have Price Chopper/Market 32 grocery stores which with your advantage card issues .10¢ or more on $100 spent. At Sunoco gas stations. However they expire about 45 days after earning the cents off. Since we have multiple cars we don’t gas up that much. They remove the lousy ten cents. I started shopping at a different store so for removing the .10¢ they lose thousands in grocery sales.

Maybe some Verizon customers feel they should not expire since they earned them?

0 Likes
ghrad1

So . . . it's been almost two months that my issue has been unresolved.  Namely that I'm unable to claim rewards via my desktop (windows 10) computer and have lost over 700 points over the past two years.  I managed to reach a supervisor who tried to resolve the matter while promising that all lost points would be re-instated.  After almost one month, he's given up and will no longer accept or return my calls.  What does it take to resolve this matter?  Either Vz Fios doesn't care or their IT area is incompetent.  Can anyone in the community offer a suggestion on how I might receive resolution in this matter.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@ghradwrote:

So . . . it's been almost two months that my issue has been unresolved.  Namely that I'm unable to claim rewards via my desktop (windows 10) computer and have lost over 700 points over the past two years.  I managed to reach a supervisor who tried to resolve the matter while promising that all lost points would be re-instated.  After almost one month, he's given up and will no longer accept or return my calls.  What does it take to resolve this matter?  Either Vz Fios doesn't care or their IT area is incompetent.  Can anyone in the community offer a suggestion on how I might receive resolution in this matter.

Contact your states Attorney Generals Office or state consumer protection board or states Public Utilities Commission. Google it. Then file. You will get better resolution to your issue . As a side statement never ever take a service for a rewards program or a gift card etc. you are paying more for it in the long run.

0 Likes