Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.

verizon-services@verizon.com - Phishing

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

verizon-services@verizon.com - Phishing

Message 1 of 6
(1,896 Views)

I have received email from verizon-services@verizon.com asking me to update my billing information. This looks like Phishing to me.

I could not find a more appropriate place to make this input.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor II Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II

Re: verizon-services@verizon.com - Phishing

Message 2 of 6
(1,865 Views)

@JDJMilford wrote:

I have received email from verizon-services@verizon.com asking me to update my billing information. This looks like Phishing to me.

I could not find a more appropriate place to make this input.

You can always forward any suspect emails to abuse@verizon.net and never click on any of the links.

--
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.

"All knowledge is worth having."
Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 3 of 6
(1,846 Views)

Ive recieved  a few emails from the same verizon-services@verizon.com , and all have been legit thus far (mostly stating a change in service/channels ; however Iam not sure if a "billing" type email should not be coming from verizon-notification@verizon.com instead ? 

This based on going through my past and current verizon emails , which I save .

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 4 of 6
(1,179 Views)

I received the same email which instructed me to open an html file which requested password & billing info.  Looks like phishing to me, too.

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 5 of 6
(1,171 Views)

BPFBuffalo 

Yeh I agree , any type email(s) with an "open file" and/or billing/password request would indicate a phising scam to me also .

As I stated earlier , so far any emails that Ive received from the verizon-services@verizon.com have been legit , but non have ever come with a "open file" type or asked for a personal account information . 

Ive also notice on my legit versions of  verizon-services@verizon.com emails , that the "TO" (to recipiant) always shows the same (verizon generic) name , and in my case always shows TO: {edited for privacy} . If the generic name is differant (or not there) than this than I know its a bad email . Something to check/notice for next time.

Highlighted
Moderator Emeritus Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus

Message 6 of 6
(1,118 Views)

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.