verizon tore up my yard-
chadg
Enthusiast - Level 2

I came home from work on 10/12/09 week to find my front yard messed up.  Verizon decided to run cable under my driveway and through the middle of my front yard without so much as a good morning or a knock on the door.  There are piles of dirt and rocks, two huge ruts where someone drove something thru my yard and torn up grass.  No note was left on the door, no apology, nothing.

I am a verizon customer and they were hooking up my neighbors service.

The morning of 10/19/09, the verizon tech was in the front yard hooking up my neighbors service.  The tech said she was very embarrassed with the state of my front yard and apologized.  As a customer of verizon, I know how hard it is to actually get any help over the phone so I asked her for a phone number to call re:  the damage to my property.  She gave me 888-277-5416.  I called the number and it rang and rang, no answer, no recording, nothing.

I called 888-553-1555 on 10/19/09 and received trouble ticket {edited for privacy}and was assured someone would be in touch with me within 48 hours.

I am currently going round and round with a company Verizon hired to clean up their mess, and I have still not heard from Verizon.  This install was done so clumsily that I am very concerned about the future of my driveway.

It is now 10/24/09 and I still have not heard from Verizon.

1)Can Verizon enter your yard and tear up your yard with no warning or request for permission?

2)Does Verizon routinely damage customers property and not report it, perhaps hoping that if no one calls nothing needs to be done about it?

3)Is Verizon liable should my 2 year old driveway crack where the cable was run?

I love the FIOS service, but Verizon telephone customer service is without a doubt the worst I have ever encountered.  I truly feel they simply try to frustrate you to the point that you just give up and stop calling.  I notice that you do respond to other requests on this board so here it is.  Any help or info from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: verizon tore up my yard-
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello chadg

The number I have seen posted for this type of complaint is: 866-339-5659  Do not select any prompts, just wait for the next available agent.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon tore up my yard-
FiosVictim
Enthusiast - Level 2

You are fortunate that Verizon is damaging your property BUT you still like them!

For me, I am a new customer (3 months) and cannot understand WHY VerWHYzone is still in business with the miserable product called FIOS.  Anyway, my yard was also damaged during installation of my service - the greenery will recover, but the sprinkler system had several heads removed!  Yes, I found them sitting in my driveway upon my return at the end of DAY #1.  No note, no indication of trouble except for the TIRE MARKS from the trencher.  The install guy (next day) noticed and confessed; he ammended and signed my work order.  Verizon (as simply EVERYONE knows) employs the "wait the customer out" strategy hoping the ones with problems (like me) will hang up before the call is answered (and many times THEY are right!).  Even if I get through, I am promised a service call, given a date, and then NO ONE EVER SHOWS UP TO FIX THE PROBLEM - three months later and they don't show.

Oh well, it just proves me to be the idiot for tolerating such abuse from the Big (Heartless) V!  Good luck to you - write back with a follow up either GOOD or BAD news...

0 Likes
chadg
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the phone number and good luck wishes.  I'm still waiting for my yard to be fixed, the guy they sent out tried to get by with doing a half way job.  He's coming back out Wednesday.  Still waiting for Verizon to respond to my trouble ticket.  I'll be calling them tomorrow.  I'm not going away...and I haven't even turned my wife loose on them yet..

chadg
Enthusiast - Level 2

Elizabeth S,

Thank you so much for the phone number.  I got right through to Sedgwick Insurance Co.,  they handle the liability claims for Verizon.  The agent was very helpful and I now have an official claim re:  the damage to my property.  We'll see what happens next.

thanks again.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

That's great, chadg. Glad to have been of help. Smiley Happy

0 Likes