Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

wondering why I can't get verizon fios at new address when neighbors have it/or have it as an option

bluedevilsrule
Contributor
Contributor

wondering why I can't get verizon fios at new address when neighbors have it/or have it as an option

Message 1 of 4
(1,628 Views)

I am moving from a rented home to a new address in the next month and both online and over the phone, i am told that Verizon FIOS is not available at my location. Yet, I know of neighbors who have FIOS or have it as an option near this new address of mine. Who do I need to contact to figure out why I can't get FIOS at my new location? 

I will be living in Ellicott City, MD

3 REPLIES 3
Anthony_VZ
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Re: wondering why I can't get verizon fios at new address when neighbors have it/or have it as an op

Message 2 of 4
(1,574 Views)

Sorry to hear about the availability listing at the new address. I have sent you a private message on this.

Anthony_VZ

**If someones post has helped you, please acknowledge their assistance by clicking the red thumbs up button to give them Kudos. If you are the original poster and any response gave you your answer, please mark the post that had the answer as the solution**

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or plan

rchurn1
Contributor
Contributor

Re: wondering why I can't get verizon fios at new address when neighbors have it/or have it as an op

Message 3 of 4
(1,419 Views)

My family is having the same problem. Verizon basically said it isn't worth it for them to bring FIOS up the hill about 300ft even though they keep sending us information and offering deals on FIOS tv and internet. FIOS is already on my side of the street several houses one way, and I imagine it's also on the main road that is only a handful of houses down when going the other way. We're offered the lesser services, i.e. direct tv and DSL, but my family is only really interested in FIOS.

Is there any way to remedy the situation--a petition with neighbors perhaps?

Thanks.

Smith6612
MVP MVP
MVP

Message 4 of 4
(1,399 Views)

If your neighbors can't get FiOS because the cable simply won't be extended, it probably is worth getting every single one of them to call up and ask for it. If not, a group petition to Corporate might give some better answers. Not a whole lot that can really be done short of that. If the Cable was in fact ran past your home, it's probably a database issue that can be corrected by Engineering then.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title