would like to get FIOS TV if only Verizon can actually keep the date
cnjartist
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got FiOS phone and internet years ago when it became available. Didn't get the TV since it wasn't available yet. Decided last week to finally get the TV service.

Appointment was made for today between 1-5. 5PM roles around and no tech. Not even a phone call. I call the support number and was told everything is fine and they're still coming in a little bit. 6PM comes and still no tech. Call again and told the same thing "they're still coming". 7PM and guess what? No tech. On the phone for almost an hour and was finally told that they're not coming. They rescheduled for tomorrow morning but they couldn't give me an actual arrival time. When I complained about the complete lack of communication and that I just wasted 8 hours of my day they replied "oh well".

If they don't show up again tomorrow I'm canceling the order and sticking with DirectTV even though it will cost me around $200 to upgrade to HD and I would pay more monthly than the Verizon bundle but at least DirectTV would show up when they promised.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: would like to get FIOS TV if only Verizon can actually keep the date
cnjartist
Enthusiast - Level 2
They showed up the next day at noon. I was told that new customer activations were experiencing difficulties the previous day but the tech was surprised that I did not receive a phone call to let me know of the delay.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
sgip2000

Just an FYI...

You are supposed to get an automated call 1-2 days before your install date to confirm.  If you don't receive the call, don't expect anyone to show up.

Also, the techs usually call when they're 15-20 minutes away from you and on their way.

0 Likes
cnjartist
Enthusiast - Level 2
I actually did get the automated call and they still didn't come.
0 Likes
sgip2000

@cnjartist wrote:
I actually did get the automated call and they still didn't come.
In that case, you definately have a valid complaint.
0 Likes
cnjartist
Enthusiast - Level 2
They showed up the next day at noon. I was told that new customer activations were experiencing difficulties the previous day but the tech was surprised that I did not receive a phone call to let me know of the delay.
0 Likes