AutoPay NOT authorized
sdiego313

I was put on autopay and I DID NOT AUTHORIZE THIS!!!    This is bull**bleep** !  Get your act together VERIZON!

0 Likes
Re: AutoPay NOT authorized
AnnieS1
Contributor - Level 3

Hello,

While a Verizon employee may occasionally post here, this community is meant mainly for peer-to-peer support. If you need to talk to a Verizon representative, you should contact customer service directly.

AnnieS

0 Likes
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@sdiego313 wrote:

I was put on autopay and I DID NOT AUTHORIZE THIS!!!...

I use AutoPay and think it's great not to have to bother with monthly invoices.  Just my choice, of  course.  However as I understand the system, you can only use AutoPay after you have supplied a payment method and it has been verified by Verizon.  How then did Verizon obtain your credit card or checking account number?  Did you perhaps pay an initial invoice  by check?  A caution about AutoPay: if you enable it, the system automatically enrolls you in paper-free billing (which I do not favor).  You must later re-enroll in paper bills to maintain that service.

Incidentally, you can easily discontinue AutoPay on the MyVerizon pages under "Billing."  Only takes a minute.
0 Likes
betta2

No, you can't easly discontinue autopay. In fact, you can't discontinue autopay at all.

Of course, if you found a way, would you mind to share it, step-by-step? Under the tab "bill & payment" I only find additional options to pay, same under the "profile" tab - that according to Verizon is the place where to manage autopay.

0 Likes
Re: AutoPay NOT authorized - Detailed Procedure for Removal
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@betta wrote:

No, you can't easly discontinue autopay. In fact, you can't discontinue autopay at all.

Of course, if you found a way, would you mind to share it, step-by-step? ...

I certainly do not mind sharing what little I've learned about managing AutoPay.  Here's what I found having just now checked the payment pages:

1.  Run the cursor over the "I Want To ... " near the top of one of the main homes pages on the MyVerizon site.

2.  Select "Manage My Services" in the left column (Item Three).

3.  On the next page, choose "Bill and Payment" in the left column (about four items down).

4.  On the next page under "Other Account Actions" on the right side of the page, choose "Manage Payment Accounts."

5.  The next page lists the accounts you have that are either available, or actually used, for AutoPay.

6.  Next to each listed account, there are several options.  Note that the final option is a small "Trash Can" that can be used to remove the account from AutoPay.

7.  If you next remove all your authorized AutoPay accounts, you have now de-enrolled from AutoPay.

8.  Please try this detailed procedure and let us know the results.

Please note that  I have used this exact method to manage AutoPay,  which is why several months ago I wrote the post above.  It is indeed possible, albeit somewhat convoluted, to de-enroll from AutoPay.

I hope my description of the detailed steps involved in this procedure is sufficiently clear and easy to follow, and that this second post satisfactorily addresses your issue.

Good luck.

0 Likes
Re: AutoPay NOT authorized - happened to me too
agbell1

don't see a trash can

0 Likes
Re: AutoPay NOT authorized Verizon is still doing it
agbell1

and the rep. I talked to could not give me a contact to fix the software that's doing this.

0 Likes