Bill from CMR claims for damage claim
Ltatum295

I received a bill for $362.35 from CMR claims department for a damage claim.  I had set up an appointment through Verizon on 8/30/15 for a technician to come to my residence between 2:00-4:00pm regarding a broken fios cable. The representative that set up the appointment assured me that there was a note on the ticket telling the technician that I needed an estimate before any repairs were made if any charges were going to be incurred. The technician arrived and completed repairs (which were only needed on the exterior of the house) several hours prior to our agreed upon time and without me being home. I did not authorize Verizon to come onto my property or complete any repairs without being present. The representive even told me that they would not allow their technician to come onto my property unless I was home since I would not agree to receiving possible charges without having an estimate first.  After I saw that the work had been done without an estimate, I called the phone number left on the door tag and was assured that no charges would be incurred. In October 2015 I received the bill from CMR claims.  I have attempted to get the issue resolved with them. They are extremely unhelpful and will not return calls without me continuously leaving messages. When I do get in contact with them they say that can't do anything except collect my money or send me to collections.  They refuse to give me a way to contact a Verizon agent that can help me in this matter. I have also tried to resolve the issue through Verizon directly. I've spoken to 9 representatives and supervisors through Verizon that have been unable to help me in this matter as they say they can't see any bill owed and do not know what CMR claims is.  I have been in contact with billing/payments, technical support, recovery/settlement and customer retention.  I have been told 3different times from Verizon that I would get a call back after they look into the matter and have not received any callbacks. Based on what I've read on the forums, it looks like this is an issue for a lot of customers. I would appreciate any help/information I can get in resolving this matter. Thanks! 

0 Likes
Re: Bill from CMR claims for damage claim
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Ltatum295

Claims Management Resources (CMR) is a Verizon authorized vendor that provides invoicing services to recover Verizon’s cost to repair damage done to the Company’s facilities. This includes but is not limited to:
• Buried and Aerial lines
• Poles
• Conduit and vehicles
CMR can handle disputes of claims directly, and works with the local field office that performed the repair. If you wish to dispute a CMR claim, you may contact them by phone at 1-800-321-4158 or by email at bswcomplaint@cmrclaims.com.

0 Likes