CHANNEL BAIT AND SWITCH
smee45

I have had Verizon Fios' triple play bundle for a total of one week and I am absolutely appalled at what the lack of communication and customer service.

It started about two months ago when I tried to bundle my DirecTV and Verizon DSL. That resulted in three calls in two months because Verizon tried to overcharge me $180. I should've known then to just move on with my life.

When we moved, I decided to try out Fios. Not only was my order completely bungled THREE times, THREE different customer services representatives who were supposed to call me back never called. Hence, my installation was put off for a week and a half. Are they going to pay me back for all the data I was charged for b/c I didn't have the internet? I'm guessing the answer is no.

On we go to the absolutely asinine way they have of upgrading (OR NOT UPGRADING) your channel lineups. I am a new subscriber, and would like to upgrade  and the customer service representative said in order to do that, she would have to strip my service of all of it's promotions, HENCE ME HAVING TO GIVE YOU AN EXTRA $50 FOR THE CHANNELS I WAS SUPPOSED TO GET FOR FREE FOR TWO YEARS. So now, instead of getting the extra $20 a month you would've gotten when I upgraded my channels, Verizon will get NOTHING because if I don't see a resolution before Saturday, I'm switching back to DirecTV.

Now, they will lose $140 a month from me and my family because you refuse to let your customers upgrade their channel lineups after they've already had an installation. YOU CONTROL WHAT PROMOTIONS YOU GIVE. FIX THIS.

If the last two weeks have been indicative of how awful  things are over there at Verizon-land, I'm glad I found out now, so I still have time to cancel this order. Now I can't even get a customer service representative, who I am sitting on hold with as I type, to tell me what my monthly bill is going to be. Let me repeat that: HE CAN'T EVEN TELL ME HOW MUCH MY MONTHLY BILL IS GOING TO BE.

I always knew Comcast was a **bleep**-show, but at this point, I will NEVER tell someone to switch to Fios. In the morning, I will be looking for a place to put my DirecTV satellite.

** to update this. I had to hang up after 35 minutes, b/c the "customer service" representative disappeared.

0 Likes
Re: CHANNEL BAIT AND SWITCH
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes