Can I use another web building software, like DreamWeaver or iWeb, to build my Verizon website?
Honolulu2
Enthusiast - Level 1
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I use ... DreamWeaver or iWeb - Probably Not
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

Your Question: "Can I use another web building software, like DreamWeaver or iWeb, to build my Verizon website?"

Probably not. It appears that VZ has eliminated FTP uploads to personal web space, and the only alternative is "Site Builder."  I'm not happy about this state of affairs as I would like to use FrontPage extensions, but that's not in the cards.  Unless I'm totally mistaken, Site Builder is the only game in town.

View solution in original post

armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

Your Question: "Can I use another web building software, like DreamWeaver or iWeb, to build my Verizon website?"

Probably not. It appears that VZ has eliminated FTP uploads to personal web space, and the only alternative is "Site Builder."  I'm not happy about this state of affairs as I would like to use FrontPage extensions, but that's not in the cards.  Unless I'm totally mistaken, Site Builder is the only game in town.

Hubrisnxs
Legend

@armond_in_nj wrote:

IF you choose to use VZ personal website -  remember, personal website hosting is free all over the internet.  

I like WIX.COM   Google provides a similar service, and if you do a search for 'top ten free personal website hosts'

you will find a lot is out there.  IT'S FREE!   so why not look for a free one that lets you do FTP?

😄

0 Likes
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@Hubrisnxs wrote:
 ... remember, personal website hosting is free all over the internet ... search for 'top ten free personal website hosts' ... why not look for a free one that lets you do FTP? ... 

I like "free" and use their products whenever I can (smile).  However I've found that free hosting often requires that I display adverts, or that I use something other than FrontPage (which is how a few of my sites were developed).  I'm aware that FrontPage is no longer in vogue, but I still use it.

In that regard my former ISP provided space and FrontPage extensions, which was fine with me.  Too bad VZ decided against this, because SiteBuilder is not sufficient for my needs.

0 Likes