Cancellation of Verizon service in support of Glen Beck
Les
Enthusiast - Level 1

Due to Verizon recently pulling their ads in an attempt to limit Fox News' commentator Glen Beck's free speech, I will be canceling my account.

Re: Cancellation of Verizon service in support of Glen Beck
Lightninrod
Enthusiast - Level 3

Glen Beck rules!  His show is getting lots of viewers.

GlennTaper

On the contrary, I'm in total favor of Verizon's decision.

I'd be honored to patronize companies OPPOSING the nazi-esque Glenn Beck and his propaganda.

0 Likes
Lightninrod
Enthusiast - Level 3

The truth hurts I guess...  His show is adding vieweres daily and even beat out o'reilly's on Aug 27, 2009.

5PM – P2+ (25-54) (35-64)
Glenn Beck– 3,040,000 viewers (888,000) (1,385,000)
Situation Room—688,000 viewers (141,000) (271,000)
Hardball w/ Chris Matthews—536,000 viewers (139,000) (217,000)
Fast Money—215,000 viewers (55,000) (80,000)
Prime News–267,000 viewers (97,000) (109,000)

Glenn Beck again has the best 25-54 demo ratings for the night (762K vs. 757K for The O’Reilly Factor)

chrissy matthews and dolberman are chewing their finger nails off as their ratings continue to lag.

GlennTaper

Yes, he certainly has captured viewers' attention for the moment, hasn't he.

He's got mine while the current absurdity act is ongoing, and I don't at all mind confessing to be among those who contribute to those ratings.  I find it irresisably amusing to watch Glenn Beck's foolishness before a huge media crowd.  Evidently, according to the ratings figures, thousands of other do, too.

Glenn Beck's act reveals that TV ratings, popularity, and public sentiment are not one-in-the-same. He's actually a type of a paid comic (such as Sean Hannity is, for example). Current ratings indicate that he's amusing to listen to, but actually he's neither popular or politically well regarded, except among the unfortunate dense few who find difficulty in distinguishing amusement from the actual reality of it all. I think most people realize he's in the act for the money. It's a lot easier way to get wealthy than to be politically brilliant.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Just a reminder that this is a peer-to-peer support forum for discussion of Verizon products and services. Please keep your posts Verizon related.

0 Likes
LC

Has this been verified? I tried to e-mail Verizon this morning but have yet to hear back a response. If they have pulled ad's from Glenn Beck's show I will certainly be cancelling my service as well. Can someone please verify whether or not they have actually pulled their ads? Thanks!

0 Likes
Paleogirl2003
Enthusiast - Level 1

I emailed them and received a response, I will edit my post with the answer when I get home from work today

GB Insider,

Kelly

0 Likes
Paleogirl2003
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Email:

Customer Service,

I recently heard that you pulled your advertising from the Glenn Beck Program. I would like to know if this is true or if it is simply a rumor being spread. As a customer for many years, I believe I have the right to know if you have made such a decision, and if so, what were your reasons?

Thank you,

xxxxxxx

VZW Response:

Good afternoon xxxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless through our web site.  Verizon Wireless does not advertise on Glenn Beck.

Sincerely,

xxxxxxx

Verizon Wireless

Customer Service

So I sent another email back asking them to answer my original question, but I still havent received a response:

Hi xxxxxxx,

Thank you for your response, however, you did not fully answer my question.  To clarify:
   a.  Have you ever advertised during the Glenn Beck program
   b.  If yes to question a, did you recently pull that advertising?
   c.  If yes to question b, what was the reasoning behind that decision.

Thank you again for your time and assistance,
xxxxxxx

0 Likes
LC

Paleogirl, thank you for posting! Let us know if you receive a follow up to your second e-mail. They never responded to my original e-mail and so I called customer service and got bounced around a few times before I received the same "we do not advertise on Glenn Beck" and getting that answer was like pulling teeth because they had no idea what I was talking about when I asked. They could not answer any follow-up questions either. I'll try and e-mail them again and report back here if I find a different answer!!

0 Likes