Door-to-door sales pitch? Come on!
kristinpgh

Verizon -

Although I'm sure you've found some success in sending door-to-door sales teams out to try and switch users over to your new Fios Internet/TV/phone packages, I FIND THIS PRACTICE ANNOYING AND INVASIVE.....it's as bad as, or worse, than telemarketing.  Your sales team in the Pittsburgh 15210 area (Sat, Jan 30) served to just tick me off, and did nothing to endear me to your company. I left Verizon some 7 or 8 years ago, partly due to the horrible customer service. After reading many of the posts on this site, it looks like you STILL have huge customer service problems.

When I asked the salesman to leave me with information to review, he gave me an empty folder with no pricing information, and in fact, had no information whatsoever. FYI - I am NOT going to make a decision about changing my cable/TV/phone by talking to some dudes knocking on my door. It seems to me if the Fios cable/TV/phone packages are so much better than another company (i.e. Comcast), then they'd be selling themselves. Relying on an age-old, door-to-door sales tactic that has long been abandoned by most companies looks like desperation to me.

Today's experience just reaffirmed my decision to leave Verizon years ago. Good riddance.

Kristin in Pittsburgh.

0 Likes