Early termination fees???
kenworth2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello all,

Considering switching from DSL to FIOS for "internet and phone" since the overall price seems to be about the same.

My question is..............is there any early termination fees if we don't like it?

If so, how long do you have to keep it before no fees are imposted for terminating the service........Thanks and Happy Hoildays....Ken 

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Early termination fees???
prisaz
Legend

@kenworth wrote:

Hello all,

Considering switching from DSL to FIOS for "internet and phone" since the overall price seems to be about the same.

My question is..............is there any early termination fees if we don't like it?

If so, how long do you have to keep it before no fees are imposted for terminating the service........Thanks and Happy Hoildays....Ken 

It depends on what services you sign up for. ETF can very. Verizon makes a considerable hardware investment when installing FiOS in hopes of recovering some or all of the cost from the service. I switched from DSL over five years ago, and have not looked back. Terms and conditions can be found with the link at the bottom of this page.

http://www22.verizon.com/terms/

View solution in original post

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader
There are Early Termination Fees on FiOS, based on the package you order. Anything with a 1 year, 2 year or 3 year agreement, basically anything with a "Price Protection Agreement" will have an ETF. They're generally outlined in the fine print. The Month-to-Month plans do not have an ETF. I believe for the first month of service, if you don't like it you can disconnect service without paying the ETF.
prisaz
Legend

@kenworth wrote:

Hello all,

It depends on what services you sign up for. ETF can very. Verizon makes a considerable hardware investment when installing FiOS in hopes of recovering some or all of the cost from the service. I switched from DSL over five years ago, and have not looked back. Terms and conditions can be found with the link at the bottom of this page.

http://www22.verizon.com/terms/

0 Likes
kenworth2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the info. I has searched Verizon's complicated site and haven't been to pinpoint that info. Looking at getting the 15/5 internet and phone. From whai I see, the speed will be greater than the DSL?

Ken

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes.  15/5 will be better than DSL which typically is 3/1 (or 7/2 if you're lucky) but some find themselves on DSL with less than 1/1 service.

Anyhow ... the ETF is covered by the first paragraph of the terms of service:

This Agreement consists of the terms below, plus (a) the specific elements of your Service or Bundled Service plan (including the plan's pricing, duration and applicable Early Termination Fee ("ETF"), all as described in the information made available to you when placing and confirming your order);

----------

So, essentially, when you call to place the order, ask for a written copy disclosing the terms of service and associated ETF.   The individual who comes to do the installation will have this information in the packet of information they give you before you sign the service order indicating that the service was installed (if you don't receive it, don't sign until you do -- it should be on that document somewhere).

If you do this online, it should be disclosed in the terms on the service plan when you select it.  Make sure you print it out and save for future reference.

0 Likes
wendieww

12/16/14  Chat {edited for privacy} Michele I asked "What would be my early temination fee be if I cancelled tv service but kept phone and internet?"

Michele said "If you changed to this bundle with a new two year contract, you would not be billed the fee.  The early termination currently is $220 but this would not be billed, if you did another two year contract bundle for the phone and internet."

I clarified, "So I can create a new bundle with just phone and internet and there would be no fee?" and Michele responded "yes."

I was charged that fee and would like my account credited for $220.00

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please visit our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon, including “Ask Verizon,” our virtual chat agent, and customer support phone numbers.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes