FIOS - Broke My Garage Door Opener
mcontrols

Prior to the FIOS installation my garage door remote would activate the opener from several blocks away. Now the remote will only reach about 15 feet and at times I have to role the window down or get out of the car and walk up to the door to get the remote signal to the opener.  This problem started the very day my FIOS was installed, thought it was a coincidence. Had the opener serviced, replaced the batteries in the remotes still have the issue.

A friend recently had FIOS installed and he is now experiencing the exact same problem. I my case, as in his, the FIOS fiber transducer/UPS is mounted high on the inside wall of my garage about 10 feet away from the opener. My guess is that the transducer is emitting some type of RF that is blocking the door remote signal. Has anyone else had this problem? Solutions?

Thanks,

MC 

0 Likes
Re: FIOS - Broke My Garage Door Opener
Hubrisnxs
Legend

@mcontrols wrote:

Prior to the FIOS installation my garage door remote would activate the opener from several blocks away. Now the remote will only reach about 15 feet and at times I have to role the window down or get out of the car and walk up to the door to get the remote signal to the opener.  This problem started the very day my FIOS was installed, thought it was a coincidence. Had the opener serviced, replaced the batteries in the remotes still have the issue.

A friend recently had FIOS installed and he is now experiencing the exact same problem. I my case, as in his, the FIOS fiber transducer/UPS is mounted high on the inside wall of my garage about 10 feet away from the opener. My guess is that the transducer is emitting some type of RF that is blocking the door remote signal. Has anyone else had this problem? Solutions?

Thanks,

MC 

It's something that happens to some customers, and Verizon should be able to send an installer to correct the problem.  your suspicions are correct regarding the RF.

call VZ or open a chat .