FRUSTRATED and DISAPOINTED
wbdoll1
Enthusiast - Level 1

First, I will say I am a long time customer of Verizon. Starting over 10 years ago with 4 phones on Verizon Wireless and more recently adding triple play FIOS. With the exception of my phone call quality on FIOS being muddy, I have generally been happy with all services.

The problems began recently with a billing issue. I entered a 2 year contract for FIOS in December 2011. Last March I made a minor change to my service by upping my internet from 50mb to 75mb. I was informed that the change would lock me in for 2 more years starting at that point. While I was a bit confused why a simple change would force a new lock in period, I felt that the services were meeting my needs and the price was fair. So I said ok. Now I receive my bill in January and it increased by $40. This is extremely unfair. I never agreed to this increase. I was led to believe that the new lock in as a result of a simple change meant that I was locking in at the price I was at. Why on earth would I agree to lock in at some much higher price to be determined at a future time?

I called customer service and explained the issue. The person I spoke with was not very helpful (did not get his name). He said the best he could do would be to give me the cable boxes/cards for free (remove them from the bill for now on). I did not think that was reasonable. On Verizon’s website the offer for my package is the same price I am paying plus a $250 gift card. Now I am not asking for the gift card, I sure think he should have been able to put my monthly bill back to what it was supposed to be.

After getting nowhere, I felt my only option was to go back to my previous phone/tv/internet provider. So I went to my local Verizon store to return my equipment and cancel. I was told I had to pay an enormous termination fee! I am obviously not willing to do that. In fact, I really don’t even want to leave Verizon’s services, I just feel I am being forced to.

So I head back home and call customer service again. This time I speak with {edited for privacy}. She is less helpful than the first man I spoke with. She wasn’t even offering to take the Digital Adapters off the bill. At this point I feel like I am in this awful bait-and-switch jail. I asked her if she had no retention plans available. She said yes of course I do, but you are in a contract so I can’t offer you one. Unbelievable! Yes, I WAS in a 2 year contract that ended last month. It only got extended for another 2 years because of a simple change. I was led to believe the extension was just that, and extension of what I was currently in. At that price. So I asked to please speak with her supervisor. She tried her hardest to keep telling me that would do no good. I politely continued to request her supervisor. After being put on hold for a bit, she returned and said her supervisor, who she said was also called {edited for privacy}, was not available but would call me back later that day. That was last Friday January 24th around 10:30am EST.

This is so unprofessional. How many more hours do I have to wait on hold, drive to stores, wait for call backs, etc?

I would be very grateful if someone could please help get this escalated/resolved and help me return to being a happy Verizon customer.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FRUSTRATED and DISAPOINTED
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

View solution in original post

ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello,

We are gald that we were able to resolve your issue and if  you need us again, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. Have a good night!

Thank you,

Bert

0 Likes
AdJorgji

I'm adding to this thread since my feelings are similar. When My husband called to inquire about internet Fios he was told about plans and charges and if anything to give it a trial. Well, we did and within days we decided that we didn't like Verizon Fios. So we called, removed the service 4 days after being installed and went back to the old one and all was good until we received a bill for $106.22 for 2 months service. Been calling reps and they understand the situation and made notes, read the previous ones, was advised again and again that the new bill will be revised. It's now 6 months and nothing as changed. {edited for privacy}  I'm resulting in writing since calling didn't work.  {edited for privacy}

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi AdJorgji,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes