FiOS won't reset after power outage
sdk7x7
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

I've been a FIOS TV, Internet, and phone customer for about a year.  Our power went out last night for about 15 minutes, and all 3 of our FIOS services are still not back up and running.  The battery backup unit displayed a red battery light and was beeping throughout the night.  The power adapter has a green light and I checked my circuit breaker, so I know that power is flowing.  I attempted to reset the BBU and ONT by unplugging/replugging the power cord and the battery leads, but that didn't work.  Right now, the only improvement is that the cable boxes are displaying the time, which they had not done since the outage.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Re: FiOS won't reset after power outage
tns
Master - Level 2

If Ont didn't reinit properly you have to call.  When I had a similar failure, I called via my cell phone.  After prompting by the automated system, the automated system was able to determine there was a problem, and sent me right to technical support to do the reactivate.

Re: FiOS won't reset after power outage
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is the ONT receiving power? The BBU could still be passing on power to the ONT despite a fault being present. Sometimes simply leaving AC power connected and disconnecting the battery may eliminate the beeping but allow the ONT to run if something is damaged.

The second thing to check would be your ONT's network light. If the ONT is receiving power, the ONT should have a green Network Light and the FAIL light should not be red/flashing red. If Network is out or FAIL is lit, a tech for sure needs to come out. In addition, if the BBU cannot be returned to it's original operating state, a tech will be needed. Also, ensure the POTS, MoCa and Coax lights are lit green and are not out or red.

0 Likes