Inaccurate Outstanding Balance
kmkchris1

Apparently my account has gone into collections, even though I have a last month's bill showing $0 amount due. I sold my house, and the buyers closed escrow in August of 14. I have a statement dated 09/16/14 that shows a -$276.63 Total Amount Due and below on the second half shows the $.00 Amount Due. I have various statements showing amounts due of -$910.58, and -$625.14. On 1/29/15 I talked to Debbie in finance, and she assured me we would be issued a check for any over payment amount, and again on 8/18/15 talked to Jackie after I continued to receive statements with negative amounts. Our account was set to auto bill, and on 9/28/2015 an amount of $285.44 was attempted to be taken out of our account... To top it off Verizon has added a collection to each of the three credit bureaus, and has CBE harassing me and fraudulently spoofing their call from number in order to reach me on my new land line... I believe this amount being said I owe is innaccurate, per my printed records and therefore CBRE's is in fact wrongly attempting to obtain payment from me which is fraud according to the FCC:

"Under the Truth in Calling Act, FCC rules prohibit any person or entity from transmitting misleading or inaccurate Caller ID information with the intent to defraud, cause harm, or wrongly obtain anything of value.  If no harm is intended or caused, spoofing is not illegal.  Anyone who is illegally spoofing can face penalties of up to $10,000 for each violation."

Source:

https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us/articles/202654304-Spoofing-and-Caller-ID

Please escalate this matter as soon as possible.

0 Likes
Re: Inaccurate Outstanding Balance
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page here on the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Inaccurate Outstanding Balance
kmkchris1

Thanks for the help! 

0 Likes